Meal timings

Good morning,

I need help with meal timings. Today is day 11 for me and I'm struggling without snacking between lunch and dinner. I wake up at 4:45am take my thyroid medicine wait an hour and take one or two walnuts or egg, before heading to work.

7:30-8:00 breakfast containing 2 eggs, TBS of mayo and mustard, or sardines with mayo, or salmon w/mayo. I'm leanring that I need to include carbs in breakfast so today was ½ cup bluberies and ¼ cup Trader Joes light coconut milk.

1:00- 1:30 Lunch is usually salad with beets, 4 oz chicken, artichokes, cucumbers, some onions and little carrots and TBS of coconut oil and olive oil, or half avocado.

4:00 I'm home and it's time to exercise. I have hard time just eating ½ protein and fat at this time because I feel I want to eat more. I was eating banana and coconut chips until now but I'm hungry. Yesterday I didn't exercise because I was so hungry and I come home around 5:30 and I just ate and ate mayo and chicken until I was stuffed.

6:00-6:30 is dinner and I can't stop eating. I usually have protein and vegetables and olive oil for dinner and I want seconds and thirds just can't satisfy myself. I go to bed around 10-10:30pm and I fall asleep but I wake up couple of time during the night because I'm stuffed. I love how I feel now and if I can just figure out how to say no to more food I think everything will be better.

Can you please suggest my meal timing and check if I'm eating too much. I'm 5'10, 150 pounds, have Graves' disease and inflammation and trying to fight my sweet tooth. I exercise every day but I also have office job and sit for 8 hours every day.

Thank YOU

You need vegetables at breakfast. You are right, you need carbs, but carbs from veggies, not fruit.

I would push your lunch to 12-12:30, and then eat a pre-WO meal before your workout (banana and coconut chips). After your workout, make sure you eat a post WO meal - my favorite is smashing a sweet potato with an egg, and cooking it over low heat.

Dinner sounds good, just make sure your servings are right. You might need 2 palm sizes of protein, depending on your workout. Always load up on the veggies - I honestly dont restrict myself from having seconds of those.

• Moderators

I suspect you are not eating enough early in the day and then you may be eating too much later in the day. Work on increasing the size of your breakfast substantially with more protein, fat, and veggies. And increase the amount of protein and fat in your lunch. That should make what you are doing later in the day easier to manage.

Since you are so hungry after lunch, I would see at bumping up your salad with more protein or fat. Maybe have thigh meat or beef instead of breast (if that is what you are having). Make sure you eat the pre and post work out meals and perhaps on non work out days have a mini meal? Jerky and some veg would work for that. Do bump up the vegg in your breakfast.

• Moderators

How should my day look if I have rest day? It's big stretch from lunch and dinner.

Feel free to eat something in middle of that long stretch, preferably a mini-meal of protein, fat, and veggies and not just something to fill your stomach.

Archived