Mission Fit Starts Now! - June 1, 2013 Food Log

jtota

Starting attempt #3 today. Very nervous but also excited. I'll be tackling sugar addiction, grain cravings, and some commitment/trust issues head on.

My Mission Fit is about getting nutritionally fit, mentally fit and, of course, improving my physical fitness.

Goals:

1- Trust the program all the way through to the end.

2- Shut out conflicting information/gurus for 30 days.

3- Gain energy.

4- Better mental clarity and focus.

5- Freedom from Sugar cravings and Diet Coke addiction

6- Better workout recovery and less pain.

7- Fat loss (not weight loss per se - FAT loss)

Starting Stats:

Energy - OK but I need more energy for workouts.

Workout recovery - SUCKS!

Sleep - decent

Cravings - well, wouldn't be here if they were under control ;)

Weight - 127.6 lbs (btw I'm 5'1 so this is about 10lbs over my goal)

Hips - 37.5 inches

Lower Waist - 32 inches

Upper waist - 30 inches

Upper Thigh - 22 inches

Thigh just above knee 17 inches

Current workout - Title Boxing, walking on off days, yoga if/when I have time

Let the fun begin!

(And Yes, this post is cheezy but I am bored and my husband is cooking bacon at the moment so this is keeping me occupied.)

Day 1 done!

Breakfast:

1 egg and 3 Egg whites

1/2 of a large Zucchini Shredded

A bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice

tsp coconut oil

1/2 cup blackberries and 4-5 sliced large strawberries

Lunch: Forgot to eat and lunch was at 3:30 :huh:

Spinach, bell peppers, and avocado wrapped in Applegate Naturals Turkey

Banana with a bit of homemade Sunbutter

Dinner: OMG! Tried two recipes from PaleoOMG :)

Mexican Inspired Burgers (ground beef, peppers, mushrooms, red onion. Avocado sauce)

Grilled Chili-Lime Sweet Potato wedges.

Spinach and red lettuce salad

Maybe another turkey wrap or something after my run tonight. Not sure :wacko: I think I'm hungry still but I'm craving sugar so . . .Maybe I'm not. I'll wait and see.

Day 2 a Roaring success!

Tired this afternoon, but feeling good.

Breakfast :

1 egg, 3 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 a shredded zucchini and 2 shredded apple slices with cinnamon and a few sliced almonds on top.

The rest of my honey crisp apple.

Lunch :

Left-over Mexi-burger mash up :) - 3oz burger, roasted peppers, mushrooms, onion, 3 left over sweet potato slices. Green Salad, Avocado

Post workout snack;:

Banana with homemade sunbutter

Dinner:

Apple Onion Cinnamon Pork Chops (without the honey) from PaleoOMG. So good!

Fresh Green Beans (cooked with side pork and red onion)

Fresh Carrots chopped and cooked in veggie broth

Dessert:

Fresh mixed berries

Workout: Title Boxing Kickboxing class WhoooooEeeeeeeee! That was crazy!

NOTE TO SELF: Green beans with bacon (side pork), apples, and red onion - SOOOOOO GOOD!

Your amounts of protein seem small. It will catch up to you. Why egg whites only? We love whole eggs around here. :)

They are "normal" serving sizes. I have tried this whole30 before and ate protein freely - including a lot of whole eggs and I gained 12 pounds, 10 of which I still have on me :angry: . I am trying to focus on the veg and make sure that is the bulk of my meal. Coming from a recent vegan/vegetarian lifestyle I'd day I am doing rather well.

Keep it up jtota! Looks like you're off to a great start! :) What kind of training do you do in your boxing sessions? Sounds interesting!

Thank you! I go to Title Boxing Club. It's a fitness chain that has spread to almost all of the US and just recently came to my area. It's  kickboxing and regular boxing workouts using punching bags and we even get into the ring sometimes to hit the instructors :). Most of the instructors at our location are either boxers are have a background in martial arts. I love it. It's like a mix of Insanity, P90X, military type training, boxing, and touch of cross fit type moves.  :wub:

Day 3. I've been 100% compliant but I have to admit I am feeling puffy, bloated, tired, and I want just about everything I can't have. I've been really hungry today too. 

Breakfast:

Same - eggs, apple, zucchini

Lunch- Leftover green beans, carrots, "cinnamon apple onion Pork Chop"

Post Workout - 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato, applegate farms turkey

Snack #2 - Banana and sunbutter

Dinner  - Grilled Chicken Breast, Grilled bell peppers, huge salad, avocado dressing, may be some strawberries

Workout: Intense 1hr Boxing workout

Not feeling it tonight. I'd much rather be having a veggie pizza  :unsure: 

Today was difficult. Again.

I am so tired. And absolutely ravenous!!! feel like I could eat everything in sight. Not good when cravings hit. I really want a Diet Coke and I really want to not be so sleepy in the afternoons. 

Breakfast:

Hash with Sweet potato, eggs, apples, cinnamon, coconut oil

Lunch:

Applegate Naturals Turkey wrapped around grilled pepper, spinach, and avocado. Banana

Lunch was on the go and not big enough 

- - - - > Resullting Gas Station snack:

Banana and raw sunflower seeds

Dinner:

More hurry up and go.

Left over Breakfast hash (no egg), some nuts mixed into hash and an Applegate Hot dog. 

Then straight off to boxing. Still Hungry . . .  :unsure: 

Not sure what else to eat. I need some greens but they sure don't sound good. Maybe some broccoli and carrots after workout . . .

Edit: Post workout meal . . . .  Home made ground chicken Sausage, broccoli and mushrooms :)

Trying bigger meals today to see if I can stop the snacking . . . . feeling better, but I did sleep in.

Breakfast:

2 eggs, 2 egg whites

Large Handful of chopped carrots, chopped tiny in food processor

1 small Fuji Apple, also chopped tiny

Cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, bit of pink salt

Coconut Oil

Tried to fry this like an omelet and it fell apart. But, it turned out crumbly like a bowl of cereal ( with no milk of course :) ). So fun to eat!

Lunch:

Pizza Bowl - homemade chicken sausage, bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, garlic, crushed red pepper. All sautéed and out over spinach and kale, topped with tomato sauce.

6pm Workout - kickboxing, calesthenics

Dinner:

sweet potato, eggs, side pork

Post -workout: fruit and sunflower butter

I have discovered that my workout performance is directly related to my intake of carbs. Needed more starchy veg or fruit today. Bonked halfway through 6:00 workout. I'll have to re-read that part of ISWF :)

Also, my bigger breakfast lasted until 3:30.

1st off, I'm new and only on day 2.  So I really don't have any advice.  However, I did recently see a post about being super hungery.  The advice on that thread was to ensure you have enough protein and FAT.   The post was titled "Day 2 over - very hungry - am I doomed" if you are interested.

Fully back on track toady and incorporating foods from the 21 day sugar detox - yum! I feel really good today, despite my major fail Saturday night.

Breakfast : 2 egg frittata with squash, zucchini , bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, cumin, salt, pepper

Pre-workout snack: 21 DSD smoothie - 1 banana, bunch of spinach, coconut milk, 1 table spoon sugar free 100% cocoa

Workout: boxing power hour of course

Lunch: finely chopped butternut squash roasted with walnuts and cinnamon, shredded kale rolled in turkey slices, celery with homemade sunbutter, lots of water

Dinner will be: grilled chicken thighs marinated in olive oil, lime juice and fajita spices, grilled peppers and onions, and avocado. With a big salad.

Archived