Hit a speed bump

All has been going well, I'm on day 10 and becoming more relaxed about the food template- it has become intuitive very quickly.

Yesterday i started with a big breakfast; rushed around a bit more than usual, so when I was in the supermarket I grabbed a 1oz pack of almonds & dried fruit, it looked harmless. Obviously hunger and fatigue had marred my thinking- I bolted them down, only then did I look at the ingredient list- preservative, sunflower oil, sugar.

Now it was such a small portion but I ended up with the most horrendous migraine. Migraine always make me hungry, so far I have followed the template, but now I am hungry for protein like chicken dipped in mayo and the thought of veges turns my stomach.

What to do? I can feel my blood sugar dropping and migraine returning, usually when it is this bad I eat honey from a spoon.

I also feel really depressed and want to weep so am hiding in bed...

If you have homemade mayo, dip some chicken in it! Pronto!

When you're hungry on Whole30, you get to eat. Promise.

If you don't have any homemade mayo, eat some chicken. If you have some broth, drink that. If you need carbs (I'm just guessing but that might be it), eat sweet potatoes if you have them.

When you're feelin' poorly it's hard to get motivated to fix yourself something, I know. But haul out the chicken and eat it. Really.

Feel better soon. Big hugs.

What Amy said, if you're hungry eat. If you want chicken eat chicken providing you hae some. When you're feeling miserable think of your absolute favourite compliant food and have that, and I really, really hope you feel better soon.

Thank you both for your replies; I did the chicken and mayo thing yesterday, oh boy was it hard! I REALLY REALLY wanted something sweet, kumara just wasn't going to make the grade!

I'm actually very proud of myself for not succumbing to honey and butter, extreme pain and gloom are a huge EAT.SWEET.STUFF.NOW

trigger.

Today I still have the migraine but the nausea has lessened so have had a compliant brunch; slept in after a restless night.

I have proved to myself that this is doable on so many levels- pain, depression, lack of energy, VERY limited budget, scepticism on the part of some friends and family.

So what if I eat basically the same things every day, many meals based on beef mince? Millions in the world don't have that luxury. So what if I use a non-stick pan instead of being a purist? Nothing in this world is perfect, certainly not me!

OK, back to bed now, but thanks again for supporting me xx

I eat the same things over and over. I do not mind at all, provided it's something I like a lot. It helps me go on autopilot and stop obsessing so much about what I'm eating next or what's in my fridge. When the thing stops satisfying me, I know I need to mix it up. But there's nothing wrong if you are enjoying your meals.

Archived