Confused about fruit!

Hey there. I'm on day 6 of my Whole 30- feeling pretty good so far, still trying to get used to going with out cream in my coffee and a couple squares of dark chocolate in the evening. However- I'm a little confused about fruit consumption.

I know fruit is to be used sparingly, especially dried fruit, but I'm not entirely sure how often one is allowed to eat it. I've seen folks advising that 3-4 bananas a day is ok, and then I've seen other folks saying that 2-3 servings of fruit a week is the limit. I'm hoping an more experienced person or an Admin can weigh in on this. I love fruit, especially right now as the local strawberries come in! I'm not trying to replace other, healthier foods with fruit, like veggies, but I tend to feel better digestively if I eat a handful of berries or an apple with my breakfast of meat, veggies, and eggs. I don't snack on fruit; it's always on the plate as part of the meal.

Thanks!

• Moderators

Our standard advice is one or two servings of fruit per day is okay, just be sure you are not letting fruit push vegetables off your plate. Different people make different choices around this advice. I eat closer to one or two servings of fruit per month lately and some people eat 3 or 4 bananas per day.

Thanks guys! Eating veggies has never been an issue for me- my parents had a huge garden while I was growing up, so I learned to love veggies. The problem is I have Oral Allergy Syndrome so most veggies must be cooked for me to eat them, so it's always been easier to eat fruit rather than, say, carrot sticks, since the carrots will make my mouth and throat itch like crazy and I get hives as well. Good to know I'm being compliant! 

Archived