eating dried fruit and Dates

vtknitgirl

Today is day 2 and I find myself wanting to eat dates and dried fruit. wondering how folks get through this or if its ok to eat it everyday.   I am also wondering about making some coconut "fudge" Coconut butter,raw coco,dates and nuts and seeds. Do you think that this would be ok as a desert thing?

While dates and dried fruit aren't banned, they're considered sugar bombs. Eat sparingly (not every day) and make sure you do so with your meal.

Coconut fudge is not ok. No Paleo-fying desserts of any kind while on the Whole30.

• Moderators

Read through the Whole30 guidelines again: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5-the-official-whole30%C2%AE-program/

In addition, no Paleo-ifying dessert or junk food choices! We call this “Sex With Your Pants On†(SWYPO), and it will ruin your Whole30 faster than you can say, “Paleo pizza.†Do not try to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold. This means no “Paleo-fying†desserts or junk food – no Paleo pancakes, pizza, brownies or ice cream. Trying to replicate junk food with “technically approved†ingredients misses the point of the Whole30 entirely.

I ate too many dried figs and raisins the first 2 weeks of W30 and got nowhere, really.  I think it is a good idea to not eat them unless it is the only way you can avoid eating cookies, cakes, donuts or chocolate!  If you can stop at one fig...

Eat more protein!  More fat.  It really does work to keep you full.  Stay hydrated, too.

This is a process.  Some of us had brains that were truly addicted and habits as strong to match!

Pam

Archived