Baby Octopus

Lizzard77

In the asian market today they had just gotten in a shipment of baby octopus and the price was really good!  Anyone have any recipes or thoughts on what to do with them?  I have read in a few places that they need to be boiled, then marinated, then cooked again.....that seems like an awful lot but I am always up for a challenge!

Also any thoughts on veggies that would go well wth them....

One of my favorite foods. You blanch them for one minute to tenderize them. Then toss them with olive oil, garlic and a little lemon. Marinate for a few hours. A couple (as in2) minutes on the grill and you have some of the tastiest foods ever. :0)

That sounds perfect. Remember...dont overcook. The blanching pretty much cooks them so you are just crisping them on the grill. Oh..I think steamed artichoke and/or roasted asparagus each squirted with fresh lemon would go well. It's all very Greek. :0)

Whitjm5 -that is one thing I have not been able to eat.  I was scarred as a kid, my grandmother used to keep tongue in old cool whip containers.  Imagine a 6 year old going after some cool whip to put on her ice cream and opening the container to, to, TO A TONGUE!!!!

Can't get over it, I think you are a brave soul!

Archived