Hello people!  I'm new to the Whole 30, but not Paleo.  I've teetered with Paleo on and off for the last 9 months, but never fully committed to the Paleo lifestyle.  In February of 2012, I decided I was going to start working out and eating healthier.  I managed to lose 50 pounds with exercise, measuring and counting calories.  Although I had great results, I didn't feel like measuring and counting calorie I ate was something I could do for the rest of my life.  My weight loss stalled after stopping the daily measuring/counting of every morsel of food. 

I decided to take on the Whole30 challenge because I felt it was time to move to the next level in my fitness journey, and truly do something I could sustain the rest of my life - a true lifestyle makeover.  I've gained back 20 of the 50 that I originally lost, and I'm bound and determined not to go back, but continue MOVING FORWARD.  It's not just about losing weight though; I want to feel good, strong, confident, and at my best!

Day 3 into the challenge, and I've already been tempted like crazy.  Attended a boot camp happy hour on Friday night and didn't succumb to drinking anything other than club soda, but had to leave when people started ordering food - I'm not that strong yet.  Then, last night, I went to a barbecue, where there were sides of baked beans, creamed corn, potato salad, and to my horror my kryptonite - COOKIES!  I've never felt more like a crackhead than I did last night - carbs and cookies all right in front of me.  I ate the meat, and just stayed away from the kitchen the rest of the night.  The good news - I didn't cheat my first two days with all the temptations around me!

I'm looking forward to learning and becoming stronger as I go in this challenge.

Congrats!!  Also, what Tom said.  A few days without temptations will be a welcome relief.

I'm on Day 3 also, though not my first Whole30.  I admire folks who do Paleo first, I think that's awesome!  I dove into Whole30 a few months ago after years of junk.  I love it when I read that people have been Paleo and they're refining what they already do. 

Now - I shall light a candle for your next few days to be temptation-free!  :lol:;):wub:

This is my day 3 as well! I haven't had much temptation yet, but I'm definately struggling with the carb flu! My first day I had a terrible caffeine-withdrawl headache, but days 2 and 3 I've had a much lower-grade headache and that overall bleh feeling. Hopefully we'll all start feeling better soon!

Archived