Post- Meal 3 Hunger

So I'm only on day 1 of my Whole 30 and I feel like I ate pretty well today. I think my meals were the appropriate size and I definitely feel like I included enough fats... but now I am hungry and it's only 8:30pm. I'm about 20lbs overweight but I'm active and I ran for about an hour this afternoon but I had sweet potato with dinner to make sure I'm got enough carbs in. 

So my question is, given that it's so early in the program for me I'm guessing I can't "trust" my hunger quite yet. Is this a side effect of cutting out grains that I need to ride out? Or should I have something else to eat? 

Alright, well this was my meals for day one: 

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with peppers, onion and spinach cooked in coconut oil. Coffee w/ coconut milk (the can kind, full fat). 

Lunch: Spinach salad with cucumber, apple and chicken (about a palm sized amount) and an oil and vinegar dressing (about a tablespoon. Literally just olive oil and vinegar and some pepper). 

Snack (I was starving): A banana. 

Dinner: Beef tenderloin (slightly bigger than a palm size) pan fried with roasted sweet potato in avocado oil. 

At first glance, I'd say you could definitely up your vegetables. In this weather I love salad but it can be hard to eat enough to be fully satisfying. Think of a plateful of raw spinach and how small an amount it would be if it was cooked. Also one dessertspoon of dressing is not a lot of fat at all so, to be honest, I'd be starving after that. Dinner could also take some more veg and make sure your fat is actually on your food and not left in the pan or on your plate ;)

The golden rule is, if you're hungry, eat more. You're going to nourish your body, not deprive it. Don't worry, it can take a while to work out exactly how much you need to eat to keep you satisfied. I agree with Tom, I can't sleep if I'm hungry and, even now, life sometimes gets in the way of appropriate meal times. It was Tom started me eating sardines and sauerkraut which I now adore. I also love cooked chicken strips with homemade mayo, & cucumber and carrot sticks for a quick snack.

I also find, the better a breakfast I have, the less hungry I am at night. so make absolutely sure you get enough then. Good luck.

I want to piggyback on this post as another newbie at the end of day 1. As I finish my meals, which I think are pretty close to what I'm supposed to be eating, I get so full that I can't finish what is on my plate - this happened all three meals today. The dog got the last of my breakfast sausage, I decided I was too full for the salad I'd planned to eat after my cauliflower soup, and dinner I just couldn't quite finish the butternut squash and protein....then two hours later I'm hungry....I've always thought one should quit eating when that "full feeling" hits, but am wondering if this program and the adjustments it causes means that I need to power through and eat more...if I'm not giving enough info, I could provide more specifics....thanks in advance!

Archived