Supplements with stevia?

JenSB

I'm starting my first Whole30 on July 1. I take Natural Calm (which completely stopped my abnormal heartbeats years ago) and Green Pasture's fermented cod liver oil, the chocolate creme flavor. Both have stevia in them. Would that be considered non-compliant? For the FCLO, in particular, the stevia in no way makes it sweet or good tasting and I don't at all feel like I'm having a treat when I take it.

Thanks for all the help!

No sweeteners are allowed during the W30, including Stevia. Natural Calm is available in an unflavored version, and I'm sure cod liver oil is too...although it doesn't sound too appealing! Maybe switch to pills for your W30.

I was taking Natural Calm and all it did is give me diarrhea and had a gross aftertaste from the stevia. It also made me anxious, rather than calm right before bed. I too have had irregular heartbeats and palpitations for the last 3 months. I finally started taking Magnesium Glycinate (400mg per day) which is more absorbable than magnesium citrate (in natural calm) and comes in a tablet with no non-compliant ingredients. In less than a week it's gotten rid of my heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat, as well as random muscle twitches all over my body, and I haven't had any diarrhea either.

Archived