Paleo Desserts

I'm not familiar with this book, sorry.  I would say that I personally try to use recipes like these on an occasional basis.  They are good especially around holidays, when you have dinner guests, etc.  Also, once you start re-introing foods after your Whole 30, you will have a better idea of foods that you can eat sometimes, and maybe some that you still want to avoid on a regular basis...so keep that in mind when going through the recipes.  Good luck, and congrats on nearing the end of your Whole 30!!

hey tom, i would be interested in your opinion .... just been away for work for 9 days and managed to eat whole30 compliant with just a fridge and a microwave... phew. breakfast was mainly frittatas cooked in a coffee cup, either eggs with spinach and sundried tomato, or eggs with frozen berries mixed in.... would you still consider the egg/fruit mix a paleo breakfast? or only if the eggs are eaten separate to the fruit.... must say it kinda tasted a bit desserty... but was quick and convenient and kept me going till lunch

• Moderators

I don't have a problem with cooking berries with your eggs in a microwave.

I'm not against foods tasting sweet and pleasant, although I have not been quick to share my newest find - coconut kefir. I bought it because I wanted another source of probiotics in my diet. I had some with fresh blueberries recently and thought the plain coconut kefir tasted like whipped cream. I think sweet, tasty foods like this can be like crack to an addict, but there is nothing inherently wrong with eating them.

They sell coconut kefir, but the kind I found has tapioca dextrose and carageenan in it. I also thought the unsweetened one tasted terrible, it was sour and watery. 

In my oppinion, sugar is one of the things that makes you "less healthy" It causes insulin and blood sugar spikes that throw hormones out of whack and cause hunger between meals, weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, and high cholesterol, as well as systemic inflammation. It's also very addicting. "paleo" deserts can be a once in a while thing, maybe for special occasions only, but I would't buy a whole cook book dedicated to them! There's plenty of paleo blogs out there with plenty of paleo deserts. I've even found "paleo" snickerdoodle cookies.

Archived