SunnyMama Drops the Ball (and picks it back up!)

sunnymama

Okay, made it to Day 43 and then this morning ate a cupcake.  Which was not worth it at ALL.  My head is killing me as I type this. and it didn't even taste good, it was nauseating.  I'm part disappointed in myself but also feeling like, eh, just keep on.  I'm more afraid of how this will feed my sugar dragon who I've been starving all this time.   

Happens that I broke at a time when I was getting really mad at myself for not starting an exercise regimen yet.  So I'm going to start keeping a log like so many of you do and each day check in with my activity.  I'll stay strict Whole30 as long as I can, as planned,  but will count tomorrow as a Day 1.  

Here's to one Whole42 done and on to the next!    

Thanks so much y'all!  I started out missing Meal One to take Kid 3 to pediatrician early, then into work, then the cupcake, then dragging and weird by Meal Two so only had chicken and coffee.  Making a full Meal 3 now to try to get back to feeling okay.  Really telling how getting off track throws me.  But whatever...onward!  

7/23 Day 1-

Meal One- 3 eggs, half a green squash sauteed in coconut oil, raw 'kraut, half a sweet potato.  

Meal Two-  Big Ass Salad that was maybe the best salad I've ever made.  Homemade roasted chicken, ton of romaine lettuce and dandelion greens, tomato diced, capers, fresh basil, just a tad olive oil as dressing.  

Meal Three- More homemade roasted chicken, sweet potato, other half green squash, green smoothie.  

No snacks.  No coffee but I will be having a cup tonight as I'll be up late studying.  

Exercise- NOPE.  I need to tough love myself into this, I know I'm gonna love it once I start again.     

Hydrating- NOPE.  I hate carrying around water to drink.  I'm loving not snacking or thinking about food (or water) between meals.  I guess I just have to figure out some rule as I do well that way, such as drink two glasses at certain hours.  

Exercise- NOPE.  I need to tough love myself into this, I know I'm gonna love it once I start again.     

Hydrating- NOPE.  I hate carrying around water to drink.  I'm loving not snacking or thinking about food (or water) between meals.  I guess I just have to figure out some rule as I do well that way, such as drink two glasses at certain hours.  

What I found helped for me with exercise is I scheduled it on my calendar just like anything else important that I did not want to miss. On days I really don't want to I tell myself "just 10 minutes and then you can stop" Starting is usually the hardest part. Find something you enjoy and that will make it even easier.

On the water...maybe you just need to find the right container? It is definitely easier for me to drink water when I sit at my desk all day. Not sure what your daily routine looks like but its all about strategy.

I am mostly desk-bound...office work, mom of three, and then I study at night or very early in the morning as I have gone back to college. The water thing for me is that I really really REALLY like not thinking about food or drink, or peeing every 5 minutes.  What I THINK is going to be the game-changer water wise is exercise, as I'll drink more naturally.  But forcing a bunch of water down does not feel fun or sustainable to me.  

I am eating so much wonderful produce and my pee is very light.  So I know I am not dehydrated.   Once I put some thought into I'll figure it out  :wacko: and yes, you are right about strategy/planning/etc.  Time management is very much at the core of my problems in my opinion.  It's something else I am working on that goes hand in hand with the food.   

I am mostly desk-bound...office work, mom of three, and then I study at night or very early in the morning as I have gone back to college.

I'm with you, girly - office job, mom of two under three.  I feel accomplished if I get in one workout per week.  Hang in there. 

I have no solutions for you, only commiseration.

How old are your kids? Could they get involved in any way? I'm guilty of not exercising enough myself either, but i know when i've been in the mood, my kids think it's quite funny when i get the yoga mat out & will have a go themselves (for about 5 minutes, then they get bored & leave me alone!). They're 4 1/2 & 5 1/2. When the Olympics coverage was on, we all watched the weightlifting together & i practised doing a clean & jerk with them as the weights  :lol:

But time, time, time... last year i trained (& ran!) a 40-mile ultramarathon & i used to get up early to go running - i say early, sometimes it was 2am or earlier, which is just stupid & probably wrecked my cortisol levels, or whatever it is when you're sleep deprived. But i go through phases while Whole30-ing when i'm kinda awake at 5am, but tend to go back to sleep because "it's not time" & i should really just boot myself out of bed & get something done! 

Good point-- they are all school age and actually they are a great help!  It's me that went and got so out of shape but we all love moving and they are all very athletic.  They eat almost completely Whole30 which is an even bigger help.  It's me, I'm the problem, just need to build on feeling better and do it.     

Hahaha! One of my brothers arrived from across the country last night so busy visiting and didn't feel like posting but yes, I walked. had planned to for an hour but took almost two, because I just like it. Thanks for the friendly encouragement!

Since I last posted I have been walking every day (yay!), every meal has been strict Whole 30 (yay!) ...but I gave in to that Sugar Dragon again...twice actually.  Over the weekend and today had an organic chocolate bar.  So.  Tomorrow July 31 is a Day One for me.  I feel foggy due to the sugar and don't know why I do this to myself.  If there was any doubt I am an emotional-sugar-eater there is none now. Last week was really crazy and felt out of control to me.  

I am finishing out this week the best I can and next week really re-grouping time management wise.  My kids will be visiting their dad so I'll have some can-think-straight time.   Until then, continuing Whole 30 and walks, discontinuing the sugar.     

Lol whenever I write about eating sugar I usually end the sentence with " I don't know why I do this to myself" haha... I feel your pain. I almost broke today and ate a swypo dessert. I narrowly escaped starting over

The best thing you're doing is getting back on the wagon. Many people would see eating "off plan" as a failure and give up!

Really....sometimes you're going to eat that stuff. It's called enjoying life. Perhaps using it as medicine isn't the best idea, and getting rid of that notion is a great idea, but you're getting there!

The best thing you're doing is getting back on the wagon. Many people would see eating "off plan" as a failure and give up!

Really....sometimes you're going to eat that stuff. It's called enjoying life. Perhaps using it as medicine isn't the best idea, and getting rid of that notion is a great idea, but you're getting there!

Yes, getting there (thanks for the encouragement!), and you know I am not sure I can have that stuff.  It really brings me down physically and mentally.  To date I have not set any hard lines like never again, etc., etc.  I'm just going with it, but it has crossed my mind that no sweets may be what it comes to.  Or it could be six months to a year of what I am doing now really changes things for me and it's a non-issue. We'll see.  

Compliant today but skipped the walk as it's rainy and humid and gross and I just said, no thanks. Did kind of miss it though--that's a good thing!  

Tee hee :-) Have you read any of Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint stuff? He reckons constantly guzzling water is probably unnecessary :-)

I have not read the book but I LOVE his website and lurk the forum occasionally.  Found some really helpful Magnesium info there.  I still prefer Whole30 food wise but for sure agree with his lifestyle sentiments, etc.  I never thought to search it for water info, will have to do that this weekend!  

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while but still doing pretty good...stopped counting as much and just keep doing Whole Whatevers and then when I eat something non-compliant I start back.  This is sustainable to me and I still love it.  About to start small group (4 people) training/workouts that include kettle bell training.  So now I need to look back and figure out the post and pre-workout meals and all that.

Very excited!  Anyway, just saying hey  :)

Archived