EPIC bars.... have dextrose?

whirledpeace

I'm pretty disappointed, I ordered some epic bars to have in my car with my sardines in case I forget a lunch or am running between meals, figured it was at least better than a larabar. However, they arrived and the ingredient label is DIFFERENT than on the website and now includes 'cultured dextrose' as the last ingredient.

It's a sticker that has been put on over the original ingredients and I'm fairly certain it's against whole30 regulations. I know that some people have said EPIC bars are okay, but I thought I'd make sure before even trying one. I also thought this could serve as a warning in case anyone else was going to purchase some, the ingredients on the website are WRONG. I should have stayed with the primal packs.  :-(

• Moderators

Cultured dextrose is not an okay ingredient. You can read some about it here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/549933-what-is-cultured-dextrose/

Any time something is "considered safe" below a certain level, you should read that thing as being unsafe above a certain level. And the truth is that if it is unsafe at a higher level, it is probably irritating to your body at the level considered safe. The FDA is willing to accept all kinds of irritants that our guts would rather not have to endure.

Thank God Robin!  I live on these things...not literally, but it's my pre workout staple...along with half an avocado...and also my go-to snack in the afternoon at the office or at the beach or anywhere else.   I was hoping they were not too good to be true.

Archived