Big trouble during the night time

repossi

Hey y'all! This is my first time posting and my first  (hopefully only) attempt at the whole 30. Its only day two, but so far so good. I am a little drowsy, which I understand is to be expected. I also have another problem: snacking in the night time when I'm not hungry. I usually eat fruit, dried fruit and nuts/nut butters to fill the void of more desserty type foods, but I def don't need the extra calories. Are there any others who suffer from this? What do you do? 

I did have trouble with that in the beginning.  I began having a cup or two of herbal tea to keep myself busy, my mouth was doing something, and the hot liquid helped me feel full and lull me off to sleep earlier.  the only problem is having to use the bathroom, but in the beginning when you are trying to overcome bad habits, then it's not that big of a price to pay!

After I'm done cleaning up dinner, I brush my teeth, put on my pj's, and stay out of the kitchen.  Once I'm in the routine of winding down for the night, I'm less likely to go into the kitchen looking for something to eat even if I'm craving.  It sounds crazy, but it totally works for me.

I do similar to orca_chick. I just bought some awesome clove and cinnamon toothpaste and mouthwash (I don't like mint), and brush my teeth after dinner, so I am less inclined to want to snack. A cup of tea or just sparkling water is all I have.

Also, I tend to stretch out my dinner for about an hour. I eat more and have some fruit at the end to further signal to my body that this is the end of the meal and to cleanse my palate. And I go to bed earlier than I used to. It is important to give your body rest time between meals to properly digest and absorb all the nutrients. If you are constantly asking the stomach to digest new food, that isn't going to happen. Especially at night.

I think it's just like detox, your body is craving what it had before and it's going to suck until you get used to the new way of eating. I end up not eating dinner until a couple of hours before my bedtime because it takes so long to cook so that helps me. Good luck!

Archived