Hello, fellow Whole30'ers!

I completed my first Whole30 three days ago!!  The time flew by, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the results.  Once I conquered the "kill all things" phase of days three through five, the rest seemed effortless.  Meal planning became fun, and I actually learned how to cook.  I look forward to posting my latest favorite recipes, meal ideas, and photos to this feed.

My journey continues, as I feel the need to pursue complete healing.  I noticed significant changes as a result of my Whole30, but I don't want to stop at "better".  I want a life transformation.  This led me to my decision to complete another Whole30.  Simultaneously, my CrossFit gym announced a gym-wide Whole30 challenge beginning in August.  The support of my CrossFit friends will be much appreciated as I venture into my second round of Whole30.  We'll do a hydrostatic body fat testing, do the Whole30 challenge, then do another body fat test.  I cannot wait to share the results!!!

I look forward to sharing this time with all of you, the inspirational people dedicated to pursuing excellence in health.  You all keep me motivated and encouraged.  Thank you!

Food Journal:  Day #33

• Pre-WO: One egg, few slices of avocado, and 2oz. chicken breast.
  • Post-WO: One small sweet potato and 4oz. sliced turkey.
  • Meal 1: Sweet Potato Hash.  In today's hash, I added grilled chicken, kale, onions, and peppers.
  • Meal 2: Whole avocado, yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, ground turkey, and salsa.
  • Meal 3: Two eggs, two cups of spinach/kale, one cup of venison sausage, and tomato.

Food Journal:  Day #34

• Meal 1:  Two cups of coffee.  Two eggs, palm-sized portion of ground beef, bunch of parsley, onion, and tomatoes.
  • Meal 2:  Leftover Sweet Potato Hash (with grilled chicken, kale, onions, and peppers).
  • Meal 3:  5oz. salmon cakes, served over a bed of spinach with a squeeze of lemon juice and olive oil.
  • Following dinner, I sliced half of an apple, tossed the slices in coconut oil and cinnamon, and grilled it.  It was delicious!

Food Journal:  Day #35

• Pre-WO: Primal Egg Coffee
  • Post-WO: Small sweet potato and turkey rolls
  • Meal 1: Two eggs, 4oz. ground beef, onion, parsley, and coconut oil.
  • Meal 2: Cucumber boat with turkey, avocado, and tomato
  • Meal 3: Turkey sausage, grilled broccoli, avocado, tomatoes, and onion.

I am finally getting over this virus that I have had all week.  I feel tremendously better and my energy levels were so high today.  It's nice to be back.  I rode and trained horses for 5 hours straight this morning, then had an active afternoon.  It was my rest day, so no workout-meals to log, but my regular meals were pretty large today.  I suppose that hunger was just from the activity level.  

Food Journal: Day #36

• Meal 1- Coffee! Two eggs, scrambled with turkey sausage and 1/3 of an avocado.
  • Meal 2- Large sweet potato, some leftover turkey sausage, and 2-3 cups of spinach.  I also had an afternoon coffee.
  • Meal 3- Salmon filet, sautéed zucchini, squash, mushroom, and onion, whole avocado, and one small sweet potato.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived