Hungry after 9pm

Lonnie

Hi Guys, I need a little help.  I have been enjoying eating Whole 30.  I'm eating nice portions during the day but for some reason at night, after 9pm or so, I get really hungry.  Hard to sleep because my tummy is growling.  Any tips or suggestions of what I could do during the day to prevent this?  Suggestions for late night snacks that would still be healthy, whole and not to heavy?

Thanks!

what time was your last meal? and what have you been eating for this meal? 

what time do you go to bed? it's not recommended to eat for a couple of hours before bedtime...

on the occasions I get hungry at night, I just go to bed....more sleep is a good thing. :)

Normally last meal is around 7:30.  It consists of some type of meat, right now lots of chicken, and spinach salad. (variety of veggies mixed in) 

I have been trying to go straight to sleep but I end up laying there for a long time.  Once I get up and snack, I fall asleep quickly. 

I didn't have this problem before.  So quite new to me. 

• Moderators

The amount of food that you eat all day is important to your comfort at night, especially breakfast. I try to make breakfast a big meal because that sets up for a better day. So maybe you could increase how much you eat earlier in the day. You might also go to four meals if you find eating more at three meals difficult.

Archived