Eating Dinner too Late

Hey guys!

I am currently on Day 15 of my W30, yippeee for me! It's been going good and I am still going strong, to the point where I am considering turning this W30 into a W100 but we shall see how that pans out. My question for you all is regarding dinner time.

My weekday schedule is wonky. I don't usually leave the office which is about 35minutes away from home until about 5:30PM-6:00PM and I have to make two stops before I even get home. I usually make dinner to last us a few nights so I am typically cooking about 2 nights a week, not too bad. My main issue is that we end up eating dinner very very late. Anywhere between 8:00PM-8:30PM, sometimes it's already closer to 9:00PM. I try and get to bed between 10:00PM and 11:00PM. Do you guys think eating dinner this late in the day is affecting my progress? Are late dinners a complete no-no? Some say yes, soem say no but I am more curious to see what others on this forum have to say about this. Thanks in advance guys!

• Moderators

Ideally, we recommend two hours between eating and going to bed, but mileage varies. I can eat dinner an hour before bed, but some people find that it increases their restlessness in bed later in the night. 

• Moderators

As someone who has gone to bed with recently eaten food in his stomach many times, I can say it did not cause me problems, even when I was just starting out on my Whole30 journey. You may be more sensitive than me, however, so just watch things and see if you notice any issues. 

Archived