Promises, Promises.. re-read the book cover / start page

lexes42

Disclaimer:  This is a message to myself.  I put it in Success Stories because these are both a huge blessing... and a curse when we acquire 'comparitis' and expectation creep* 

Reality Check on ISWF and whole9life

Book Title:  It Starts With Food

Not the Book Title:  

• 30 days to a perfect you!  
  • Reverse the effects of decades of bad habits in 4 weeks!
  • Drop those last 10 pounds the photoshopped media images say you should in one month!

Tag Line: Change Your Life in 30 Days

Not the Tag Line:  

• We will fix you even if deep down you really want to keep your current life and have no intention whatsoever of ever giving up [fill in your favorite food here]
  • Life Change is Easy and Quick!  Anyone can do this!
  • Day 31 - Poof! - You're gorgeous, thin, healthy, rich, and happy!
  • That body part you hate?  Those last 10 pounds?  We will come pick them up for you and exchange them for the body you love on Day 31.

Program Title: Whole30

Not the Program Title:

• Whole4
  • Whole15
  • Whole28

Site / company name:  Whole9life

Not  the site / company name:

• Whole30 Nutrition: It's only about what you put in your mouth
  • Whole30 Medicine: Cancer to Canker Sores:  Fix 'em all with diet.
  • Whole30 Therapy: Stop eating dairy, grains and legumes and you will never be unhappy, stressed, lonely, sick, mean, depressed, envious, sad, lazy, cranky or farty again!

A Whole30 Rule:  Ditch the Scale

Not a Whole 30 Rule:

• Try not to weigh yourself
  • Food rules are black and white, but this one  - meh, whatever you want, it's a 'guideline'
  • It's not acceptable to eat a dozen donuts in one sitting and expect to feel good / be on the program.  But weighing yourself and taking some sort of meaning out of that... that's okay.
  • On Day 31 weigh yourself!  Yippee!  This number equals your success!

**Expectation Creep:  In project management we call that 'scope creep'... you start out with goals and then as you get closer to reaching them you keep adding additonal ones or tweaking the current ones... making reaching the goals impossible - particularly in the time you allowed with the resources at hand.

Whole30 Therapy: Stop eating dairy, grains and legumes and you will never be unhappy, stressed, lonely, sick, mean, depressed, envious, sad, lazy, cranky or farty again!

Ha Ha! You said farty! (I have been more farty on this plan so far)

Great list! The ditch the scale part is for me, thanks!

This is great. I also want to tell people READ THE BOOK AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND. Understand why you can't have white potatoes or sulfites or pumpkin pancakes!!!!!

My husband wants to do W30 with me when I start again on 9/1, but he's driving me crazy with questions. I told him I will not help him unless he reads the book.

I have made a point of reading the book again as I prepare for my second Whole 30 to make sure I am following the Whole30 and not my vague interpretation of what I recall. Thanks for the very entertaining reminder that we can sometimes walk around with the rules scribbled on our hands, kinda sweat em off, then try and follow what we can still make out.

Archived