Creamy recipes without coconut milk??

EndFam

Half way through our first Whole 30 and doing great!  We are doing pretty well at finding a variety of recipes and food combinations so we aren't bored with one exception.  I LOVE creamy foods... soups, casseroles, etc.  Problem is - using coconut milk in them makes them all taste the same to me.  I enjoy the taste, but want (not crave, just want) something a little different.  Since we can't use any milk or dairy like sour cream, I'm wondering if there is any other ingredient I am not thinking of to make things creamy?  It must be Whole 30 compliant! 

For soups and gravies, you can puree part or all of the solids--gravies if you used onion or other veg under the meat you were roasting--and that will make a creamy texture. I made a carrot ginger soup that is pretty much just that with stock, sweet potato and onions, that are pureed when the veg is soft, and then I thin it out with stock to soup consistency. I also make mushroom soup much the same way--saute mushrooms till tender, cover with broth and cook till soft, blend, thin with stock and season with thyme, garlic, onion... what ever strikes your fancy. True, the texture won't exactly mimic a creamy soup, but it is a creamier texture. 

Thanks for all the tips!  I actually LIKE coconut milk, I'm just kind of tired of that taste on the regular.   Found a recipe on nomnompaleo that uses the paleo homemade mayo mixed up with spaghetti squash and that was pretty tasty too.  Just made a huge batch of chicken stock so I will definitely try pulverizing some veggies to thicken up my soup!!  :) 

Archived