Gall bladde pain maybe

I'm on day 13 and feeling great except for one thing. Fr the past 2 days I've been having pain similar to when I was diagnosed with gallstones about 10 years ago. I haven't had trouble for a long time but I know fat can cause the problem. As this way of eating calls for a lot more fat, I'm wondering how I might be able to adjust so that I don't inflame one part of my while healing another. Anyone have experience or advice on this? I really do t want to stop!

• Moderators

You might benefit from taking digestive enzymes with your meals for a few weeks or months. Digestive enzymes can help you break down fat, making life easier for your gall bladder. Eventually, your body is likely to develop proper gut bacteria so you no longer need assistance from digestive enzymes.

In my second whole30 when I started experimenting with more fatty meat cuts and other types of fat I had severe gall bladder problems for awhile.... As in pain where my gall bladder used to be. I experimented a bit with fat levels and types and no longer have problems. I think as Tom suggests my gut bacteria adjusted to cope, but I also learnt to cut back on cooking fat and additional fats like eggs, avocado, nuts and coconut on a day I was having chicken with skin on or pork carnitas etc. I also bought the enzymes and use occasionally on high fat meat days

Archived