Amounts and Athlete Condition

Pedro Pinto

Hey Physibeth,

I actually "need" the egg whites because of my training routines! And now, by stopping the whey protein, the more I need the whites! Plus, I currently eat 3 eggs a day and I'm convinced it's enough (on full eggs) =p

Are those egg whites that bad? =)

I guess I just don't understand eating food that is pretty tasteless when you have plenty of other protein options available to you that actually taste good. Perhaps Fenderbender would be the better person to field this question as he trains harder than I do. I am a 5'4" female and I usually eat 4 eggs a day personally...that is how many I can hold in my hand. I've seen Melissa Hartwig talk about Dallas sometimes eating 6-8 eggs. If you are eating the upper end of the food template at your meals and proper pre/post WO meals you should be getting plenty of protein. Upper end of the food template would be as many whole eggs as you can hold in both your hands if that is your only protein source for that meal. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the response Robin,

I'm actually on day 23. Everything is going fine! (In fact, I feel I really eat a lot..)

I have a couple of questions to ask, if you don't mind...

1st - When we read that we've to limit Nuts & Almonds, for example, what's the number, more or less, we're talking about? 5 a day? 10 a day? Is it ok?

2nd - Sometimes, during the afternoon, I feel hungry! Is it ok to eat a chicken breast / turkey breast with 1 or 2 tomatos? (It happens 6 hours after lunch - Sometimes I can only have dinner 8/9h after the second meal (lunch)). I also ate an apple once or twice duting the middle afternoon, however, I know it shouldn't be ate alone, without any meal. What's the purpose of it in whole30?

Thankfully, 

Pedro

Thanks for the response Robin,

I'm actually on day 23. Everything is going fine! (In fact, I feel I really eat a lot..)

I have a couple of questions to ask, if you don't mind...

1st - When we read that we've to limit Nuts & Almonds, for example, what's the number, more or less, we're talking about? 5 a day? 10 a day? Is it ok?

2nd - Sometimes, during the afternoon, I feel hungry! Is it ok to eat a chicken breast / turkey breast with 1 or 2 tomatos? (It happens 6 hours after lunch - Sometimes I can only have dinner 8/9h after the second meal (lunch)). I also ate an apple once or twice duting the middle afternoon, however, I know it shouldn't be ate alone, without any meal. What's the purpose of it in whole30?

Thankfully,

Pedro

The servings of nuts are outlined on the meal template:

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

The recommended time between meals is 4-5 hours so on long days you might want to plan more meals. Make sure all meals fit the template. Mindless snacking isn't recommended, and having fruit won't be as satisfying as a meal of protein, fat and vegies if you are actually hungry. It's likely to cause sugar spikes, energy slumps etc..

Archived