100%compliant but...

Oats mom

Ok this is my second whole 30 and its easier this time as I have been following a 80/20 palep plan after doing the first one... But I felt my sugar intake was getting bad and I wanted to rein it in again... Thus my second whole 30. I am on day 5 and doing well BUT I have been snacking in the evening.... And occasionally during the day... I know I need to stop snacking in order to break the bad habit but I don't need to start over again do I? My snacks are usually a handful of nuts and raisins I allow myself 2 fruits a day in order to decrease the sugar... Prior to this I was eating 5-6 servings a day of fruit... I know I know! But I haven't had refined crap sugars in over a year!

I wouldn't restart, but if you're eating because you're actually hungry you need to have a proper mini-meal, not a handful of dried fruit and nuts! Maybe increase your portion sizes too...

I'd stay away from dried fruit personally, your small handful of raisins is a lot of grapes!

I find that fruits make me hungry sooner, launch hand to mouth mode ormake me crave more sugar. You will be amazed how it goes away if you try to go without them for at least several days. Maybe you can do a little experiment and see if it is a true hunger? If you are not willing to give it a try - passing fish&broccoli test before you snack is an option.

Like amberino said, it's very important to find amount of food that keeps your tummy happy with three square meals (not counting any pre post wo nutrition). You say you snack in the evening...meaning after dinner? Maybe this meal only needs adjustment.

I think I will just cut out dried fruit and nuts in that way make it easier on myself. And I feel confident that my meal sizes indeed too small… But I am also a gastric bypass patient ( 13 years ago ) So large meals aren't really an option for me For the last 5 to 6 years I have had 5 to 6 small meals a day Even in the past year beating Paleo I have tried to stick to four small meals a day But clearly I am still hungry and snack...

How I view snacking is a learning experience.  We shouldn't plan on snacking, but in the beginning when we haven't exactly got meal planning figured out, snacks can get us by and let us know that tomorrow we probably should eat more protein and fat at lunch to try to sustain until dinner. 

Archived