Natural calm and BMs

Mom2A&M

Magnesium glycinate is much easier to absorb than calcium citrate (as is in Natural Calm). I hate natural calm. I tried it and hated the taste (I got the raspberry lemonade, this was not on whole30) it had the horrible artificial sweetner hollow taste to it, and the actual raspberry lemonade flavor was very harsh and sour. I could barely gulp it down, and i got diarrhea at less than 300mg dose. Now I take Mag glycinate tablets and I take 600mg daily (one tablet with each meal) and don't get any diarrhea at all. It helps with my anxiety and heart palpitations. I've been thinking of increasing to 800mg per day. The general rule for magnesium is to slowly increase the dose until you expirience loose stool, then back off the dose slightly, and that is a proper dose for you. I have never expirienced loose stool with mag glycinate yet and I'm already taking half again as much as the recommended dose (400mg).

Essentially what happens is that the body absorbs what it can of the magnesium from your digestive tract, and eliminates what's left or what it doesn't need. If there is a lot left in the digestive tract that either cannot be absorbed (less bio-available) or is not needed by the body, it causes diarrhea. Thus, it's impossible to overdose on magnesium because the extra is eliminated. Your body takes what it needs and gets rid of the rest.

I hated to give up my Magnesium capsules. It took a while to find one that agreed with my body.

My first order of Natural Calm arrives tomorrow. I'm on day 14 and have had loose stools for over a week. I guess I'll start with a very low dose and see what happens. I'm sleeping fine but want the Magnesium to help prevent migraines. Unfortunately, Whole30 has reduced them, YET. I'm still having two per week. I'm still hopeful.

Archived