restarting after several months off program

Hey Robin, I did a successful whole 30 in late April that was probably more of a whole 40.

I got sloppy this summer , not AWFUL, but definitely sloppy and I am restarting total compliance today

for at least a 60+.

Is it recommended that one should sign up to receive the great hints and support or what?

I welcome any and all recommendations and Im excited to get back in this saddle. yahoo!!!!!!

I find that it's really hard to go longer than ~3 hours, 4 hours maximum but at the time I eat a meal I am 100% satisfied. With this time frame I'd be eating more meals than recommended by the whole 30. Thoughts? 

I'd eat at around the following times: 

8am

11/12pm

3/4pm

6/7pm

I also workout daily and on these days I might even be hungrier for more than above. It's so hard not to "snack" when you're so hungry.

Robin, usually it's something like this...

Breakfast: 

2 eggs cooked in olive oil 

10-12 oz frozen veggies (steamable bag veggies) 

1 small apple

1 tbsp sunflower seed butter

Lunch: 

8oz fish or 1 can tuna

1 bag of steamable veggies

nuts/olives (for the fat serving) 

Snack: 

nuts/apple or baby carrots

Dinner: 

same as lunch

Workouts: 

Usually 45 minute walk in the morning, T25 (25 minute hardcore circuit training) 5 days a week, and walking to/from class 5 days a week. Sometimes I do 15 minutes of yoga, a second T25 workout (Fridays only) or 45-60 minutes of elliptical (1-2 days a week--usually weekends I elliptical and walk). Total calories burned per workout day ranges from 300-600 a day. 

If you're hungry between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and brocolli), eat more.

Either:
- have a mini-meal containing at least a protein and fat,
- add another meal, or 
- increase your protein, veg and/or fat portions at your meals.

Snacks should be a mini-meal, including at least a protein and fat.

As an aside, are you enjoying what you eat?  For my palate, what you're eating wouldn't have enough to satisfy me in size and flavor. Why all the steamed vegetables?  Why not cook or top them with a compliant fat and some fresh/dried herbs?

I think I mentioned in your log that I thought your protein and fat portions seemed on the low side - increasing both of these will help you feel satisfied for longer.

Many members comment that a more substantial breakfast keeps them feeling more satisfied throughout the day.

If you're working out, you should be having proper pre and postWO meals on top of your three meals - pre is about a half meal serve of protein and fat, and post is a meal sized portion of lean protein with starchy carbs and little to no fat.

Chris--I love what I eat. It very much mimics what I usually eat just minus snacks like protein bars, oatmeal, greek yogurt, hummus, and whole wheat tortillas/sandwich thins. The reason I eat steamed veggies is that they come in a bag, frozen that you just stick in the microwave. So, it's easy to do before class. 

Amberino--8oz is about 2 palm sized portions of protein, I'm not sure how much more protein I should eat. Also, it's hard to have "proper" pre/post wo meals because I am a law student so my day might look like this for example: 

6:45am- Walk for 45 minutes

8am - Breakfast

11:30am- Lunch

12-1 - Class

1:15 - 1:45 Workout

Post WO: Grab something fast like nuts, heat up a small piece of fish, fry an egg, or something like that

2:10-5 - Class

6:30/7 - Dinner 

or on the weekend it might look like this: 

8am - Breakfast

10:30- Gym 

12 - Lunch

3/4ish - Snack

6:00 - Dinner

Chris--I love what I eat. It very much mimics what I usually eat just minus snacks like protein bars, oatmeal, greek yogurt, hummus, and whole wheat tortillas/sandwich thins. The reason I eat steamed veggies is that they come in a bag, frozen that you just stick in the microwave. So, it's easy to do before class. 

Amberino--8oz is about 2 palm sized portions of protein, I'm not sure how much more protein I should eat. Also, it's hard to have "proper" pre/post wo meals because I am a law student so my day might look like this for example: 

8am - Breakfast

11:30am- Lunch

12-1 - Class

1:15 - 1:45 Workout

Post WO: Grab something fast like nuts, heat up a small piece of fish, fry an egg, or something like that

2:10-5 - Class

6:30/7 - Dinner 

or on the weekend it might look like this: 

8am - Breakfast

10:30- Gym 

12 - Lunch

3/4ish - Snack

6:00 - Dinner

Your 2 egg breakfast is low in protein - try 3-4 eggs. i'd also add more than 1tbspn nut butter. if you're getting enough protein in your other meals, try adding more fat.

try preparing your postWO in advance - it should be a meal sized portion of lean protein and starchy vegie carbs. nuts or fried eggs don't really fit the template for a postWO, they are a perfect preWO though.

on the weekend when you go to the gym, have a proper pre/postWO, have lunch later and you'll like find you don't need to snack between lunch and dinner!

Archived