Rolled Oats - gluten free or not?

daveloper80

I am seeing some conflicting info on Rolled Oats on the internet on whether or not they are considered gluten free.  I start Reinro tomorrow and wanted to go with gluten-free grains first.  My plan was -

Oatmeal for Breakfast

Millet Tabouleh with lunch

Brown Rice with dinner

but if Oatmeal is not gluten free I will switch to another grain (bought some Amaranth just in case)

Oats in and of themselves are gluten-free.  It's how they are processed that ultimately determines whether or not what you purchase is gluten-free. Steel-cut oats are a good bet, as are any packages of oats labeled gluten-free. Bob's Red Mill makes a gluten-free version of rolled oats (read the packaging, because they also sell other oats that are not gluten-free.)

hmmm.. I think I have some steel cut in the house, maybe I can cook them tonight and reheat tomorrow.

I actually did buy Red Mill rolled oats but I didn't note if they were gluten free or not.

one other quick question.. as far as timing goes do I reintroduce something (say grains) for 1 day, then give it up for 2 days to see how it affects me and then move onto the next reintro? or is it that I introduce only grains for 3 days or so and then move on to the next reintro?

one other quick question.. as far as timing goes do I reintroduce something (say grains) for 1 day, then give it up for 2 days to see how it affects me and then move onto the next reintro? or is it that I introduce only grains for 3 days or so and then move on to the next reintro?

It's the former. Reintroduce grains, for example, on one day, ideally having grains at each of your 3 meals (e.g., oats at breakfast, bread at lunch, pasta at dinner). Then go back to 100% Whole30 eating for 2 days, then move onto the next reintro item, following the same process. Don't bring a reintroduced food back into your diet until you've completed the reintro process.

ok I think I got it:

So tomorrow I reintroduce gluten free grains

then back to whole 30 compliance for 2 days

then day 4 reintroduce dairy but then back to 2 days of whole30 compliance (ie. no gluten free grains even though they were reintroduced).

Hope I have that correct, it makes sense.  Although I now know I made far too much Amaranth Tabouleh.

ok I think I got it:

So tomorrow I reintroduce gluten free grains

then back to whole 30 compliance for 2 days

then day 4 reintroduce dairy but then back to 2 days of whole30 compliance (ie. no gluten free grains even though they were reintroduced).

Hope I have that correct, it makes sense.  Although I now know I made far too much Amaranth Tabouleh.

You got it!

Archived