Craving (and giving in) to sugar again :-)

I need a swift kick in the rear! And I also need some strategies.

I am one week post W30. I continue to prepare W30 meals but some treats have snuck in and I am starting to eat more sugar than I am comfortable with.

I began to dispise BP coffee...so I switched to cream and sugar :-(

Sunday I baked some paleo treats (muffins), so I just called it a carb refeed day and let it go....but then yesterday I ate two muffins and some dark chocolate, today 1 muffin, dark chocolate and 4 chocolate covered banana slices. Each day is seeing an increase in the amount of sugar I consume :-(

I think I need to get off the cream and sugar in my coffee. Ugh.

Any words from the wise?

Could you just switch to cream, no sugar? Like real cream? BP coffee isn't sweet, so maybe just making coffee with cream would be good enough?

It seemed like that was a bit of a gateway drug into your sugar mini-binge. Although I'm not one to talk as I'm eating homemade GF chocolate cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting left over from when my hubby surprised me with them for my birthday.

Friday I'm starting at least a Whole14 (Thanksgiving at the in-laws' plus hiking with them...probably not going to be able to make it to 30).

Yeah, MrsStick....apparently a nice sweet creamy coffee is my gateway drug :-)

I had done really well with BP coffee but towards the end I began adding 1/2 of a date to sweeten it...then I eventually just felt nauseous over the whole fatty mess ( I also added coconut milk). Maybe back to the drawing board with my morning beverage.

I don't even care about the cream, really. I just like a sweeter coffee. But then I start my morning with a blood sugar spike, which is not good. At least with the BP/date combo I was minimizing that and I was happy with just one...yesterday and today I had two coffees, the first time in a 37 days.

The more I type the more I see where my problem is.

I started with a dairy cappuccino on Day 51 and went downhill from then. It looks as though anything other than a plain Americano is a trigger for me. It has led to cakes, bread and other stuff that I had hoped to be rid of. My first 21 days of Whole30 was coffee free so maybe that is what the future holds for me :(

While sugary coffee may have been a partial trigger, I was also premenstrual! That explains the Halloween candy binge.

Spent Sunday in the kitchen doing some prep, baked a few goodies for my kiddo...paleo waffles and cookies. Ate a few guilt free...calling it a carb refeed again. I did manage to avoid craving the hard core stuff...candy. So that is good.

I have decided to stick with BP coffee during the week ( along with W30 style eating) and loosen things up on the weekend when I will enjoy a leisurely sweetened morning coffee vs my on the go BP, as well as an evening cocktail :-)

Hoping this strategy works better :-)

Archived