awkward question about urine

lori_vt

* fairly graphic description *  ** i sure hope this isn't concerning... **

I've been doing my first W30 for 14 days now ( :lol: woot woot - feeling great!) but I've noticed something really strange and different about my urine.  I've been a really good eater for the past 6 years or so, so much that I haven't had one difficult day on the W30.  I've also been known to drink about 3-4 liters of water a day, regularly, in addition to 3 cups of decaf coffee and 2 cups of green tea.  My pee was normally a very diluted yellow color, sometimes clear, but since I've been doing W30, it's sometimes a weird pinkish or orange-ish color.  I haven't had a period since 2005, but this reminds me of when I would be at the last day of my very light period, and the pee would be a very lightly colored pink.  Has anyone else had this?  I tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything about urine.  I've also noticed that eating a large quantity of beets will make my stool look almost bloody :o .  It kinda freaked me out until I remembered that I had beets and sweet potato hash with breakfast and beet salad with lunch.  No more 2 beet-meal days haha.

I did a beet juice test for stomach acid.  The theory is that those with low stomach acid will have pink or red pee the next day...and I did.

Interesting that it didn't show up as I wrote about it in my AIP log.  I started taking HCl after, but you are probably OK if you are feeling good and the color is the only thing you are noticing.

I remember Dr. Oz talking about beets making your #2 look bloody dont know about urine.  I don't think there is need to panic.  And FYI, if you eat asparagus, it makes your pee stink.  No need to think you have a bladder infection with that one.  :o

Yes, I speak from experience.

I did a beet juice test for stomach acid. The theory is that those with low stomach acid will have pink or red pee the next day...and I did.

Interesting that it didn't show up as I wrote about it in my AIP log. I started taking HCl after, but you are probably OK if you are feeling good and the color is the only thing you are noticing.

This is interesting.....mine can change within a few hours....I was considering taking HCL, maybe that's another sign to.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived