Craft fair this weekend... Chick-Fil-A is only to buy option!

katiew822

I'm going to this awesome craft fair this weekend (Nutcracker Market for those in the greater Houston area.)  It will likely be an all day event and I will be with non-Whole 30 friends.

From what I remember last year, the only food they had was Chick-Fil-A so it's highly doubtful there will be anything there for me especially if it is all pre-made since it is off-site from the actual restaurant.

Does anyone have any good ideas for lunch that I can haul in my purse? Anything that doesn't need to be iced to avoid the food spoiling?

Thanks in advance for helping me avert this Day 20 crisis. :)

How long is all day? You really think you would be there longer than 4-6 hrs? If not, that is normal amount of timing Whole 30 recommends between meals, so eat a big meal before you leave. If you would be there longer, I would get the grilled chicken sans the bun bring raw veggies and gaucomole(I think it would do ok without refrigeration). I can't come up with much more portable ideas; bringing canned protein options wouldn't work. I don't think Larabars are a good idea, but you could do a compliant jerky and Larabar. That would be more like a snack and probably leave you hungry sooner rather than later.

Other option is to bring a small soft sided insulated cooler bag (carry it inside a small tote or backpack) and pack whatever you what.

Yikes, I wouldn't get anything from Chick-Fil-A while on a Whole30.  Looking at the grilled chicken ingredients on their website, it contains sugar and soybean oil. That's without the bun, which includes a few other nasties. http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu-Detail/ChickfilA-Chargrilled-Chicken-Sandwich#?details=ingredients

If you don't want to bring a cooler, easiest thing would be to bring along a couple hard boiled eggs, sliced peppers, and an avocado.

Yikes, I wouldn't get anything from Chick-Fil-A while on a Whole30. Looking at the grilled chicken ingredients on their website, it contains sugar and soybean oil. That's without the bun, which includes a few other nasties. http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu-Detail/ChickfilA-Chargrilled-Chicken-Sandwich#?details=ingredients

If you don't want to bring a cooler, easiest thing would be to bring along a couple hard boiled eggs, sliced peppers, and an avocado.

That's why everyone should read ingredient lists! Can't rely on someone else (aka "me") to do it for you! ;-)

Of course, I did say to leave the bun out.

You just have to look at their food to know it's not healthy. I had a plain grilled chicken salad. The chicken was very heavily marinated with God knows what. That was before I was on W30. I woudn't go back there.

Pack a ziploc of "crudite"; carrots, celery, cauliflower, and lot of olives.  I would then have a tin of sardines as my protein. I would also plan on eating alone ;), but that is just me!  I know my sardines stink, but I love them, and they love me!

Perhaps a small cooler with some grilled chicken, a salad, and a avacado? That's my fallback meal when I'm away form my office or kitchen for long periods of time. I just put the chicken in a ziplock and place right on top of the ice, throw it in the salad when I'm ready to eat.

Archived