cdauk's whole30

cdauk

OH and I asked my local grocery store to special order me some coconut aminos and they did! I picked one up for my sister too. Hope she wants one:) Miss Mary, they had to order 8, so if you want one I could run and get you one and send it with my sister too. Just let me know:) They are $7.50 a bottle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8/3 Day 14

Breakfast:

ghee

2 eggs

mushrooms

onions

brewed coffee

Lunch:

Leftover pork loin

garden fresh green beans

my "mixed nut combo"

Dinner:

Ground beef with the whole30 taco seasoning

lettuce

tomato

lime juice

avocado(1/2)

cilantro

Kiwi (1/2)

Kombucha

went for a walk as a family tonight. It was nice.

8/4 Day 15 HALF WAY!!!!

Preworkout snack:

handful macadamia nuts

hardboiled egg

Breakfast:

2 eggs

spinach

mushrooms

onions

Lunch:

Hamburger

Tomatoes

Avocado

Snap Peas

Green Beans

Cherry Tomatoes

Strawberries

Watermelon

Sparkling water

Dinner:

Chicken Thigh

Chicken Wing (on grill)

raw veggies/raw fruit (same as above)

I am officially half way through the whole30. Overall I am feeling really good. I have more energy and my workouts are going really well. I would probably feel better if I got more sleep (young nursing daughter still keeping me up at night--she didn't get the memo about mama needing more sleep)

I am still craving sweet stuff after dinner and wondering why since I have been sugar free for some time. I will keep plugging along on...only 15 days to go.

I also talked someone else into doing the whole30, he bought the book already and have 2 others interested! YEAH!

8/5 Day 16

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with onion, mushroom, red pepper, and spinach prepared in ghee

Kiwi

Coffee

Lunch:

Steak

Eggplant

Salad

Gr beans

Carrots, cucumbers

Watermelon

Iced tea

Midafternoon: pistachios/cashews

Dinner:

Chicken breast

Purple cauliflower

Beets

Strawberries with coconut milk

Overall a good day. Got a nice visit with family, a nice family walk and did yoga tonifht.

8/6 Day 17

Breakfast:

3 "scrambled" eggs

spinach

mushrooms

onions

tomatoes

PostWorkout snack:

1/2 leftover hamburger

handful of almonds

coldpress coffee (just finishing it right at noon---cutting it close!)

Dinner:

Beef

Multi color peppers

Onions

Coconut oil

Coconut aminos

Snack:

Cashews

Pistachios

Lunch:

Pluot

2 hamburgers

carrots

cherry tomatoes

8/7 Day 18

Breakfast

prepared in ghee

2 eggs

leftover steak

spinach

tomatoes

Lunch:

cashews

pluot

grilled chicken

grape tomatoes

sugar snap peas

Dinner:

shrimp sauteed in ghee and garlic

spinach (raw)

cilantro and fresh lime juice

Banana with almond butter (huge splurge for me...it was delicious)

8/8 Day 19

Breakfast:

3 eggs

spinach

onion

Workout: 1/2 hour bike ride (5 miles...i was bustin' ass today)

1/2 hour on elliptical (2.5 miles, should have pushed harder)

Lunch: chicken (probably not enough)

carrots

green beans

2 kiwi

mixed nuts

I have a feeling I will be hungry before dinner, I worked out hard today. I should have went for a run though:(

Dinner:

Hamburgers

Avocado 3/4

tomatoes

broccoli

beets

8/9 Day 20

Breakfast:

3 eggs

onion

mushrooms

1/2 red pepper

prepared in ghee

cold press coffee

coconut milk

SUPER HARD workout today.

Lunch:

Tuna

Olive oil/salt/pepper

carrots

apple

almond butter

pre-dinner snack:

mixed nuts

(i was starving!)

Dinner:

spaghetti squash

homemade marinara

meatballs

8/12 Day 23

Breakfast:

3 hardboiled eggs

banana with almond butter

Lunch:

leftover meatballs

leftover marinara

plout

snap peas

Dinner:

Salmon with lemon

pattypan squash

sauteed in olive oil and garlic salt

Kiwi

8/13 Day 24

Breakfast:

2 hardboiled eggs (I tried to eat 3, but couldn't do it, i was gagging really bad)

banana

almond butter

Workout:

1/2 hour run, 1/2 hour walk.. length (i need to measure, thinking about 2ish miles running)

Lunch:

turkey breast

carrots

snap peas

apple

almond butter

iced tea with lemon

Dinner:

chicken legs

green beans

8/14 Day 25

Breakfast:

3 eggs

spinach

orange pepper

onion

Workout: Yoga

Lunch:

Watermelon

Pluot

Chicken Legs

Cucumber

carrots

snap peas

mixed nuts

iced tea

Dinner:

Paleo "chicken nuggets" (these were not too good)

salad with avocado, balsamic vinegar and olive oil

*Today I really feel like I NEED a good chunk of bread, a big chewy bagel or a piece of chocolate cake! WHY?! So close to reaching my 30 days, why do I STILL get the urge for these things?! I am "toying" with the idea of trying to do more than 30 days, but to be honest, I was looking forward to my "reintroduction" phase. I am just scared that I will gain weight back or spiral out of control. The problem with me and bread is I can't stop once I start, so I had cut it out, but I think their must be a healthy medium out there?! hmm.....pondering.....I really wish the moderators still checked in with us now and then.

Dinner:

8/15 Day 26

So, after talking with my sister (also on whole30) she has helped me realize I need more fat/protein and maybe not as many veggies/fruit. I seem to be getting a lot hungrier and having a lot of cravings for sweets/bread lately. I will see how the adding more fat goes today.

Breakfast:

3 eggs

spinach

onion

red pepper

Workout:

32 min run

15 min elliptical "cool down"

15 min bike

Lunch:

assorted fresh veggies

Tuna with olive oil, salt and pepper

avocado

assorted fruit

carrots with almond butter

AND I am STUFFED! I have been really hungry mid afternoon so I added more fat into my lunch to see if it helps. I am really full, so hopefully it helps.

Dinner:

spinach salad

shrimp and garlic sauteed in ghee

squeeze of lime juice

cilantro

macadamia nuts

8/16 Day 27

WOW! I can't believe I have made it to day 27!

Breakfast:

3 eggs

spinach

onion

orange pepper

mushroom

*craving a pumpkin spice latte and scone today:( Darn cool fall weather! I settled for a cold press with coconut milk!

Lunch:

Salmon

onions

orange pepper

avocado

olive oil/salt/pepper

green beans

Dinner:

Pork Loin

Cauliflower

Carrots

Mixed nuts

8/17 Day 28

*woke up really hungry

Breakfast:

3 eggs

onion, pepper, mushroom

spinach

cold press coffee

coconut milk

Lunch:

2 chicken legs

1 chicken thigh

carrots with homemade guacomole using 1 avocado, tomatoes, onions, red pepper and lime juice

blueberries

cashews

iced tea with lemon

Dinner:

Steak

green beans

beets

8/18 Day 29

Woke up late and had to rush out the door to work so breakfast was ridiculously fastly eaten (and not enjoyed) when I got to work.

Breakfast:

3 hardboiled eggs

carrots

very small amount of guacomole

blueberries

almonds

Lunch:

chicken breast

orange bell pepper

kiwi

mixed nuts

(another rushed meal, poor planning on my part)

Cold Press coffee and coconut milk ----slightly after noon, but I NEEDED a pick me up due to the fact that my daughter was up with a 103 temp last night for several hours. I am tired today. The coffee helped A LOT!

Dinner:

Chicken Thighs

Zucchini cakes

8/19/12 DAY 30!

DAY 30

Did I mention its DAY 30! I DID IT!!!

Breakfast:

2 eggs

spinach

cold press with coconut milk

Lunch:

chicken thighs

zucchini cakes

raspberries

Dinner:

turkey burgers

guacomole

eggplant-grilled

Game plan for tomorrow is yogurt

MY WHOLE30 Synopsis

The first week wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I think that because I was already gluten free and sugar free that made a huge difference. I don't plan on reintroducing gluten, but I am going to reintroduce MOST dairy (yogurt, cheese, sour cream, butter and going to try ice cream as an occassional treat) and some "occasional" sugar, along with some legume (namely peanut butter) and some grains (rice, sprouted grain bread, and some nut/rye crackers)

My energy was much improved, even with a reduction in my coffee intake (although I could still do better-I think I broke the coffee after noon rule a handful of times and had more than 2 cups a few days too), I am hoping that my daughter will be sleeping better now. I have weaned her the last few weeks in preparation for all of my travels with work and due to a horribly painful crack in my nipple that will not go away no matter what I do. I am very sad to see this nursing relationship end, so my mood would probably be even better if I wasn't dealing with this disconnect. We are down to once a day now, which I plan on skipping tonight if I feel able.

With all the above said, I plan on doing another whole30 after my travel season at work comes to an end. (Marchish) I know its going to be really challenging to eat whole30 on the road, but I am going to do my best to stick to my protein and my vegetable carbs. I have already spoke with the meal coordinator with our hockey team and told her my concerns. She said that she will make note and plan accordingly. The only 2 trips that will be an issue are flying trips and I am just going to do my best. Any bus trips I can pack my small lunch cooler full of hardboiled eggs/meat/jerky and veggies.

Tomorrow is a new day and I have decided to introduce just ONE food every two days. I basically have until the first week of October before I travel, so I should have it all figured out by then hopefully.

OH, and I weighed myself this morning and lost 7 pounds over 30 days. I was actually expecting a little higher, but oh well. A loss is a loss.

hey, 30 days well done! congrats.

Forgive me if this is all old knowledge, but I would take some time with those reintroductions--it gives you a chance to really test how things effect you, and you might decide some of that stuff is just not worth it (or only worth it once in a while). The drill of trying one new thing, waiting 24-hours, trying the same thing again, wait until symptoms subside before testing the next thing is key. Have fun experimenting! :)

Weigh in....only lost 6 lbs. That was a little dissappointing, but it will be interesting to see my before and after pics. I will have hubby take them tomorrow.

My first reintroduction tomorrow will be yogurt at breakfast.

Archived