Date Night!

mburke79

My wife and I are both on Day 11 of Whole30 and lovin it!  We're planning a date night for Saturday and it includes going to the movies.  Just looking for some light snack suggestions to bring with us into the movie theater so were not tempted by the smell of popcorn! 

For dinner we plan on going Salads with steak or chicken or something along those lines.  I'm not as concerned about dinner - I think we'll be able to make good choices pretty easily. 

Thanks!

If you have a good dinner with plenty of protein and fats you shouldn't need anything during the movie. Take some water (sparkling perhaps?) and just enjoy the movie!

eating mindlessly in the dark is just something you're used to - make new habits and ditch the association with needing to eat during a movie :)

I have snuck these into movies with great success. :) Agree that if movie popcorn is a habit you're trying to break, it might be good to just quit cold turkey, but if not... Use the ghee (or coconut oil would work, just without the buttery taste) to make them compliant.

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7758908372/roasted-rosemary-almonds

(caveats: nuts are a sometimes treat, don't do it if it's a food without brakes for you, etc, etc)

If you have a good dinner with plenty of protein and fats you shouldn't need anything during the movie. Take some water (sparkling perhaps?) and just enjoy the movie!

eating mindlessly in the dark is just something you're used to - make new habits and ditch the association with needing to eat during a movie :)

As I wrote the post, it occurred to me that this would probably be the response. I definitely associate the junk food with the movie theater. I think we'll just have a good dinner and just suck on water during the movie.

Thanks for the replies!! We'll have to try those snack suggestions another time (maybe day 31!)

My husband and I went to the movies a week ago, I'm on W30, he's not, and I did smuggle in a sparkling water :) but no snacks... I did have a slight "craving" I guess, just because it used to be such a regular to thing to go ahead and get candy/popcorn/drink at the movies; but I just brushed it away and told myself I didn't need it and was fine :) Have fun on your date night.

Archived