Herbal coffees

KathyV

Depends on the type. Most Teeccino contain barley = nope. I believe they do have couple of products barley-free and gluten-free. Technically these look ok, but maybe mod will chime in about ramon seeds. Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic chicory, organic dandelion root, organic ramon seeds, natural dark roast flavor.

I wouldn't risk it. I tried them and I can't say it agreed with me very well. 

I guess I will stick with the coffee(I drink both caf. and decaf.) with my coconut milk which I love, BTW, but was looking for another outlet.

Thanks for your response Nadia B., and I can't wait to hear from a mod. and see what they say!

Sorry it did not agree with you :o    But I would still want to try it depending on what sort of answers I get!

Have a great Sunday!

Besides ensuring that the coffee flavor doesn't contain barley, as Nadia B correctly stated, you would also need to confirm that the "natural flavors" do not include vanilla extract (the Teeccino website says their vanilla extract contains alcohol, which is not allowed on a Whole30).

I've never heard of Ramon seeds - from what I see on the Teeccino website, I don't see anything glaring that jumps out at me.

GFChris,  So the one that Nadia B listed is out even though it doesn't contain barley, but has natural dark roast flavor?  And would that be okay for after W30 just to change it up once in a while!?

You would need to contact the company regarding the brew that interests you, and ask about the ingrdients in the "natural dark roast flavor."

After your Whole30, you can eat/drink whatever you like: at that point, you make the rules.  :)

You may have to ask specifically about vanilla extract (or any other extracts that contain alcohol) to get a definitive answer.

Robin,   GFChris  said that their vanilla extracts contain alcohol, but I thought that if the ingredient doesn't have vanilla extract in it that it would be ok with the other "natural" flavors that I listed:  Fruits, spices, herbs and coffee.

The Natural flavors in Teeccino are made up of fruits, spices, herbs and coffee.....all good!? 

Keep reading the Natural Flavors page on Teeccino's website. http://teeccino.com/about/247/Natural-Flavors.html The next sentence talks about how their vanilla extract (which is in some of their natural flavors) contains alcohol.

Let me try to be clear: your next step is to contact Teeccino about the specific brew that interests you and find out what the "natural flavors" contain.  

Keep reading the Natural Flavors page on Teeccino's website. http://teeccino.com/about/247/Natural-Flavors.html The next sentence talks about how their vanilla extract (which is in some of their natural flavors) contains alcohol.

Let me try to be clear: your next step is to contact Teeccino about the specific brew that interests you and find out what the "natural flavors" contain.  

GFChris,  I did email them last night about that.  I did get a response yet.....  I will check out the link you provided....

Thanks

Archived