Crazy that I have to "Start Over" 5x in past two weeks?

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

I started the Whole30 and get the emails for each day.

However, in the past two weeks, I have re-started the program from Day 0, about 5 times!!!

So although I have been following it for two weeks, and lost four kgs (oops, yes I checked as my jeans were heaps looser!), I keep making a small mistake like:

* had a coffee with soy milk when at a business meeting (so started again back at Day 0!)

* had some canned lentils that my kids were having, that were mixed in with the brown rice (again started back at Day 0 next day!)

* had some mayonnaise on my salmon avocado sushi (again start back at Day 0)

I don't seem to have gotten past day 5???

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? Am I meant to be honest when at the end of each day's email it asks you to click one of two options: whether you nailed another day, or whether you need to start the program over again.

And, do you get charged everytime you need to start over?

And, how many times can i do this, i.e. keep starting over? Isn't that counter-productive in the end?

to my motivation or self-esteem?

Any advice or suggestions or how other people handle this would be great!

PotatoSquare33

I can't speak to whether or not you keep getting charged, though, I can say I doubt it.

About whether or not you "have to" start over. In short, No. You don't "have to." It is 100% your choice.

But, if you've committed to doing a Whole 30, then you might want to dig a bit deeper into why you keep choosing non-compliant foods.

The point of the Whole 30 is to reduce inflammation/reset your body so that you can actually hear what it is telling you about food. The reason they recommend starting over when you eat a non-compliant food is because non-compliant foods trigger more inflammation, so, you lose the clean slate affect. If you never get rid of those foods completely, you won't know what your body really has to say about them.

Is that information you want? If it is, start over and really commit to not eating foods that aren't compliant.

My understanding is you don't get charged, but you might benefit from checking in with the site to be sure.

Are you choosing these foods intentionally, forgetting they're not on-plan, or are you finding out after the fact? 

My understanding is you don't get charged, but you might benefit from checking in with the site to be sure.

Are you choosing these foods intentionally, forgetting they're not on-plan, or are you finding out after the fact? 

Nope, you don't get charged again. We'll restart your emails as many times as necessary. But, that brings us to bodlon's excellent question...

If you're choosing to go off-plan intentionally: Take a look at your motivation. Why is it that you want to take on the Whole30 program? Are you committed to changing your habits on a more permanent level (not necessarily staying inside W30 guidelines, but being mindful of how you and food relate to each other physically and psychologically)?  If so, sit down and take a minute to write down your goals. Carry them with you, if you need to, as a reminder of why you are making the choice to W30.  

If you're forgetting what's on plan: Take a copy of our program guidelines with you, or make yourself a little reminder note, so that you can make the best choices in every situation.

If you just don't know what is and isn't Whole30 compliant: Come visit our new Whole30 site! Walk through the "I'm New" track and get all your information together so you can rock this thing once and for all!

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

I started the Whole30 and get the emails for each day.

However, in the past two weeks, I have re-started the program from Day 0, about 5 times!!!

So although I have been following it for two weeks, and lost four kgs (oops, yes I checked as my jeans were heaps looser!), I keep making a small mistake like:

* had a coffee with soy milk when at a business meeting (so started again back at Day 0!)

* had some canned lentils that my kids were having, that were mixed in with the brown rice (again started back at Day 0 next day!)

* had some mayonnaise on my salmon avocado sushi (again start back at Day 0)

I don't seem to have gotten past day 5???

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? Am I meant to be honest when at the end of each day's email it asks you to click one of two options: whether you nailed another day, or whether you need to start the program over again.

And, do you get charged everytime you need to start over?

And, how many times can i do this, i.e. keep starting over? Isn't that counter-productive in the end?

to my motivation or self-esteem?

Any advice or suggestions or how other people handle this would be great!

PotatoSquare33

I have not tried the daily email program. Don't be too hard on yourself. I find that planning ahead really helps. It is a lot of work but so is starting the program over again. 1) make your own mayo so you have some on hand when you need it. 2) Check out "The Clothes Make The Girl" blog and see how she organizes her cooking for the week. She precooks a lot of stuff and then she has lots of Whole30 compliant foods available so it is hard to slip up. 3) Try to remove as many non compliant foods from your kitchen as possible. I understand that your family may not be on the whole30 so this may not be possible. I know you can do this! Good Luck!

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I think it is about planning ahead. I can see that I just caved into "peer pressure". At least I do notice that I have become stronger in myself to stick to eating what is on the Program, so that is progress :)

So where did i slip up? Every single time I did, it was when i felt like i was at the end of a tether, and just thought, "Oh, I can't be bothered standing up for another, better choice - I'm just gonna have what everytone else is having".

This is what i now see I need to work on. Thank you SO much to everyone for your replies!!

It really helped.

I'm more resolved now after having connected with some of you. I can do this!!!

Good luck all

Archived