Planning for reintroduction - build up to wine, chocolate and cheese? :)

jenninaustin

Looking for a little advice from the experts around here.  B)

A tiny bit of background:

- official first day of Whole30 for me was Jan. 4th (b/c Jan. 3rd was a date night). Having said that, for almost a week before Jan. 4th I ate VERY CLOSE to Whole30 - some days right on track. However, day one is Jan.4th so as I write this I'm on day 11 and feeling great (loose clothes, some food boredom but working on it, blood sugar levels feel fabulous)

- My original plan was to make this longer than Whole30 and stay on until Feb. 13th b/c we have a couple's getaway planned for that day. (Hmmm. Guess I'm bookending my Whole30 with dates with my husband, now that I think about it. :wub: ) I'm looking forward to some red wine, good quality cheese and of course chocolate during that bed and breakfast stay.

- Now that I've read a little more, I'm wondering if it would be wiser for me to do a 30-day Whole30 and slowly reintroduce things so that by the time I get to Valentine's Day, I'll have a sense of what affects me. 

My LONG TERM goal (i.e. - right after Valentine's Day) is to truly stick with the food choices that are healthy for me - which will probably be an extreme limit to sugar for sure. But I do want to enjoy my Valentine's Day outing without going overboard.

Does that seem to be the more healthy course of action? Really keep it at 30 days and do a gradual reintroduction instead of doing a Whole39 and going off all at once?

If there's anything you're worried about reintroing that you don't want to eat on your special outing (I didn't see any grains on your list), save that reintro for after you get back. If you can, try testing the actual things you want to eat on your special outing, then you won't get any surprises.

A note on cheese: I was surprised to find out that blue cheese often contains gluten (the mould is often grown on a wheat base). I can't tolerate gluten and it makes me quite sick.

\o/ for couples getaway! Have a great time!

If there's anything you're worried about reintroing that you don't want to eat on your special outing (I didn't see any grains on your list), save that reintro for after you get back. If you can, try testing the actual things you want to eat on your special outing, then you won't get any surprises.

A note on cheese: I was surprised to find out that blue cheese often contains gluten (the mould is often grown on a wheat base). I can't tolerate gluten and it makes me quite sick.

\o/ for couples getaway! Have a great time!

Noooooo! Not blue cheese! The one flippin' dairy product that I want to reintro.  The one dairy item that goes oh so well with my beef. :(

Archived