How to boost the immune system the Whole30 way?

trigirl

What do you all do to boost your immune system for this time of year?

I've got one coworker hacking a lung and another just puked in the bathroom.

I use to use herbal tincture (alcohol) and EmergenC with Airbornne...non of which are W30 compliant....

Please share!

Ready GO!

So I've been posting that I haven't slept well in days.

Before Whole30 I would use a sleepaide prescribed by my PCP which doesn't have any non-compliant stuff in it except is a drug.....

Should I take it once in awhile so I can get a good nights sleep until my sleep gets in line?

When I start to feel a little under the weather, I take Echinacea, Goldenseal, Zinc, B complex, Vitamin C, extra Vitamin D, irrigate my sinuses with a netti pot with warm (previously boiled or distilled) water and a little pre-measured packet of salt and baking soda that came with it, and drink bone broth/use bone broth to make chicken soup (with carrots, celery, onions, and sometimes some lemon and dill). Also hot tea with lemon can help as well. And plenty of sleep. Whenever I start feeling yucky, I always make sure I go to bed a couple hours early.

In fact, I have been kind of sick feeling the past two days and have been doing just that. I had chicken soup for lunch and dinner today and I'm about to go irrigate my sinuses!

Probiotics and vitamin D are very important for immunity. We also take oscillococinnum. My son and daughter just had H1N1 and the rest of the family increased their probiotics and vitamin D and took oscillococinnum (and all the kids drank EmergenC) and my two other kids and my husband and I didn't get it. We also were eating whole foods (my husband and I are halfway through a whole30) and my kids don't eat the usual kid junk. I had two sick kids literally coughing in my face for a week. Of course immunity is complicated, so who knows if I was exposed before and have some immunity, but I didn't get H1N1 in 2009 and have never had a flu shot.

Probiotics and vitamin D are very important for immunity. We also take oscillococinnum. My son and daughter just had H1N1 and the rest of the family increased their probiotics and vitamin D and took oscillococinnum (and all the kids drank EmergenC) and my two other kids and my husband and I didn't get it. We also were eating whole foods (my husband and I are halfway through a whole30) and my kids don't eat the usual kid junk. I had two sick kids literally coughing in my face for a week. Of course immunity is complicated, so who knows if I was exposed before and have some immunity, but I didn't get H1N1 in 2009 and have never had a flu shot.

Berry987- What brand of probiotic were you able to find that is Whole30 compliant? 

Archived