Not feeling better as expected

jbh

I am in my third week and I've been very diligent.  Yet feel sluggish and lethargic.  I'm having headaches and it's hard to get up in the morning even after 9 hours of sleep.  And I've only lost 4 pounds.   I was expecting to feel so much better and to have lost more weight.  I'd love some input.

Ok, how would you know you've lost 4 pounds?   ;)  Please please please hide the scale for the rest of your Whole30.

If you post 2-3 days worth of your food log, folks here can provide input on possible tweaks that could help on the headaches and sluggish side of things on your Whole30.

If you could post a few days of your food logs that would help us give you some input. I could give you some guesses but they would just be guesses.

Also how do you know you have lost 4 lbs (which is not an only...healthy amount is 1-2 lbs a week)?  Scales are banned for the Whole30 so please exile yours for the remainder of your time on the program.

Food for the last two days:

Wednesday

Low acid coffee with1 tsp. ghee and t tsp. coconut oit (2cups)

Shake: handful spinach, 1/2 c. blueberries, 2T gelatin protein, 1c. almond milk, 1T. fiber

2eggs, 2 oz turkey, 1c. broccoli , 1/2 sweet potato, 1 tsp. coconut oil, 1 small banana

Shake: 1c. almond milk, amazing grass green superfood, 1 T. fiber, 2T. gelatin protein

Dinner:  chipotle salad bowl, beef, lettuce, peppers, onions, salsa, guacamole

Thursday

Low acid coffee with1 tsp. ghee and t tsp. coconut oit (2cups)

Shake: handful spinach, 1/2 c. blueberries, 2T gelatin protein, 1c. almond milk, 1T. fiber

grilled chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 c. broccoli salad made with olive oil

2 oz. sprouted almonds, apple

Shake: 1c. almond milk, amazing grass green superfood, 1 T. fiber, 2T. gelatin protein

2 hardboiled eggs, kale chips

Sorry, to say, but this not enough food and especially not enough solid food, no wonder you are feeling lethargic!

Here is the meal template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

At EVERY SINGLE MEAL you need to make sure you are having one or two palm-sized portions of protein (2 eggs is not enough), a thumb or more of good fat and fill the rest of your plate with vegetables. Smoothies are discouraged, but if you must have them it would be on the side at a meal in addition to the template, not as the only food you eat for that meal.

amazing grass green superfood contains both brown rice and sweetener, so it is not compliant during a whole30 EDIT: looking at ingredients online it looks like some varieties of this don't have the brown rice or sweetner, and some do. in any case it is not in the spirit of the whole30 to consume powders like this. We ask that you eat real food. real vegetables and fruit and meat and fat.

here is some more information about what you can/can't have, including some thoughts about smoothies: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Food for the last two days:

Dinner:  chipotle salad bowl, beef, lettuce, peppers, onions, salsa, guacamole

Ditto missmary!

If you had Chipotle restaurant's barbacoa beef, that is cooked in rice bran oil.  http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/ingredients_statement/ingredients_statement.aspx

At the very least, that would mean delaying reintroducing non-gluten grains for 30 days.

Also be sure any in-between snacks are a mini-meal of a protein and fat.  Save your 1-2 daily servings of fruit to enjoy with or immediately after your main meals.

Archived