Things I have said "NO" to today

pickles 37_10

since arriving at work 5 hours ago.

1. homemade brownies

2. gummi bears

3. mini candy bars

4. homemade popcorn-popped on the stove, with butter and parmesan.

Ack!!!

Day 14 and the ladies here are trying to kill me. (I moonlight at a women's rehab center, hence the odd weekend shift here and there.) We are in the midst of a snowstorm here and we had movie night.

I did not touch one non-compliant thing. I did bring a couple of hard boiled eggs and ate those for a snack. Go me!

Way to go!! :) :) 

My big "I said NO to" was yesterday & it was girl scout cookies... The girl scouts were outside both grocery stores yesterday... I was hungry but managed to say No thanks and keep walking as my mouth watered for the taste of a caramel delight! 

We can do this!! 

Some days there are so many 'goodies' in our breakroom, I want to scream. I feel like an alcoholic at a bar. Not fun. But I look at the stuff and think about what it will do to me and get a feeling of smugness that I know not to eat all that stuff. And I imagine all the people eating it having all these nasty things happening to their bodies. Ok, that's a bit much, but you get it, right?

Let's see...Things I had to say no to all weekend...HUGE chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, candy, soda (movie night), this morning, French toast sticks smelling all cinnamon-y with syrup.  SUGAR!  I stayed strong and compliant!  You're right, we CAN do this!  Happy Sunday everybody. 

:)

Some days there are so many 'goodies' in our breakroom, I want to scream. I feel like an alcoholic at a bar. Not fun. But I look at the stuff and think about what it will do to me and get a feeling of smugness that I know not to eat all that stuff. And I imagine all the people eating it having all these nasty things happening to their bodies. Ok, that's a bit much, but you get it, right?

I buy all my meat at costco and most of my veggies at another store. When I'm getting my veggies, my cart is pretty much nothing but veggies, maybe a box of La Croix sparkling water, some spices and almond butter or raw nuts, etc. 2 weeks ago I spent $70 at that store on nothing but veggies. Then the person checking out after me spent $80 and I looked at what they bought while I was bagging my groceries. An entire box of "cup-o-noodles" lots of bread and pasta, pre-packaged junk food, maybe a few veggies and a little meat, frozen "lean cuisine" dinners. I see people fill up two carts full of groceries at this store with little else but processed grain-based junk foods and sugary crap. I feel that smugness. I spent my money on things that will nourish my body and make me feel good and energetic - that will help me become the best version of myself. They are spending their money on processed chemicals and sugar that will give them diabetes and make them fat.

Part of me wants to stand on a soap box and preach at them, but I know it wont do any good. So many people are just not mentally ready to take their health seriously. Some people never are.

Way to go!! :) :)

My big "I said NO to" was yesterday & it was girl scout cookies... The girl scouts were outside both grocery stores yesterday... I was hungry but managed to say No thanks and keep walking as my mouth watered for the taste of a caramel delight! 

We can do this!! 

Can I tell you just how much restraint it takes me not to tell those cute little girls to stop trying to sell me poison?  :blink:  :ph34r:

no doubt, the Girl Scouts are evil this time of year! I expect those cookies to start showing up in my office soon as well.

Saying no is like a muscle, it seems. The more I use it, the stronger it gets. :)

Plus, spending the day whipping up delicious and compliant meals for the week is a good antidote.

no doubt, the Girl Scouts are evil this time of year! I expect those cookies to start showing up in my office soon as well.

Saying no is like a muscle, it seems. The more I use it, the stronger it gets. :)

Plus, spending the day whipping up delicious and compliant meals for the week is a good antidote.

The cookies have shown up at work today... UGH... There are three open boxes currently behind my cube as that is the "snack area"... Day #6 and exhausted today... but I will not give in... 

You can do it CP! To steal a line from a 12 step program, the only cookie you have to avoid is the first one, and you only have to think about today.

So you only have to give up one cookie for one day. Better, right?

I'm up in the frozen north, stuck in the snowpocalypse. Spent two hours digging out this morning. Everything but my work seems to be closed. I was seriously wanting to have a candy pity party earlier, but ate my big salad and now I feel a little more emotionally stable, lol.

Soldiering on....

Great to see all the victories - sort of helps me be strengthened in the no's I've had to give myself the past couple of weeks - but mine was coming home late in evening from classes and that old habit feeling hitting to eat some stuff.   I've been using herb teas so put the tea pot on - once or twice in last couple weeks didn't get dinner before I left so came home and had a little meat and veggie - it just makes me feel more and more victorious - I've also dropped some more weight and my triglycerides were cut in half in the blood work they did last week compared to a few months ago - everything was better on blood work.  Very encouraging!!!  

• 2 weeks later...

I work for a small health and wellness company and people bring in KrispyKreme donuts MORE than once a week for everyone.

I wonder if anyone else in my workplace sees the irony in that. I'm scared to ask.

As soon as I saw "health and wellness" and "Krispy Kreme" in the same sentence I chuckled...  Gotta love it... The company I work for (software company that provides practice management and electronic medical records to Dr's offices) has a "wellness" program that we are all encouraged to join but shortly after proceeded to close the small onsite gym... We all cannot wait to see how things change at the next wellness screening we have this year... As we suspect there will be an increase in weight and blood pressure since many of us would use our lunch breaks to go and use the treadmill to get some exercise in and de-stress! 

I work for a small health and wellness company and people bring in KrispyKreme donuts MORE than once a week for everyone.

I wonder if anyone else in my workplace sees the irony in that. I'm scared to ask.

Haha! It's a bit like when you see hospital nurses on their break having a cigarette! 

To continue the thread theme, today I said no to (at least mentally as I stared into my pantry):

French Toast

Valentine cookies

Cheez-its

Orange Jello

Nutri-grain bars

Popcorn Factory 3 way tin

Lemon cookies

Toastchee crackers

Peanut butter and saltines

Half of the Frito Lay Product Line (Cheetohs to Lay's)

Redi-Whip Cream

Hershey's Syrup

I don't even want to talk about all the stuff from my mini-vacation to Sanibel, FL. (Sauteed shrimp, fresh donuts, orange cake, oreo cake, fresh bread with dinner, fish tacos, etc.)

Ugh, 10 days left.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have said no to candy bars, sushi, girl scout cookies (interesting that they show up just in time for people to forget their New Years resolutions) soda, processed salad dressing whose 1st ingredient is sugar, donuts and homemade chocolate covered pretzels.
The homemade chocolate covered preztels were the hardest to say no to because they were made specifically for me. I had them last month and they were to die for. But not anymore! I was strong and I am 7 days strong. woot woot

Archived