Faith's Whole 30 Journey

faithb63

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your story is so inspiring!

And I love the drive ins... We have one not far from here, it's actually in the town I grew up in. The neighborhood babysitter used to take all of us kids on a Friday or Saturday night. The parents would make popcorn and snacks and things and off we'd go in the station wagon. Lol the a parents all got a few hours to be adults and the babysitter got paid to watch movies... Win win!

Thanks for bringing back a great memory:)

Awe, Faith, I sure hope you feel better soon! ;) Man, it's not the same around here with out you two, I'm a little bit lost. :wacko: You're a much bigger part of my journey than even I thought!.... Miss you, sending hugs and get well vibes your way!!

Faith, I hear you are not feeling well (ok a trip to the hospital is much worse than not feeling ok).

But I hope you are on the mend and have a speedy recovery!

I too miss you ladies and I will send some extra positive and healing energy your way.

Hugs.

Hello my Whole 30 Family,

Let me start by saying I have really missed all of you this last week. Thank you so much for sending your support through Kaye - it has meant more than you could know. Homer welcome and thanks for the kind words; Derval thank you for the sweet message and thoughts; Renee I needed that healing energy-thank you; and Lola thanks for all the support and get well vibes, you even made me laugh when I didn't think I could laugh! :lol:

Where to start. This has been a scary :( week but also one with many blessings and lessons learned. Sunday we spent a nice morning at the doggie park but I over did a bit on my outing. I started feeling bad the next morning and thought maybe I had some kind of bug. I also noticed that since Sunday my Blood pressure and blood sugar had both significantly increased. I wondered what I had eaten that would cause that. I have been so compliant I did not understand. I begin to feel worse and I googled and realized I was dehydrated, I had all the symptoms. I was extremely thirsty and begin drinking one glass of water after the other. As an adult I have never been in the hospital, I have been to the doctor and treated for diabetes and other conditions but never in the hospital. Let's just say I would rather do almost anything than have to go to the hospital. So, when I said Kaye I think we better go to the hospital she knew it was serious. And thank goodness I did. It turns I had a kidney infection and I overexerted myself on Sunday got dehydrated but then drank way too much water and depleted my sodium level to a very dangerous spot. By the time I got to the emergency room I could barely walk, was not thinking straight - you get the picture. They admitted me and started me on saline drips. I think I went through about 9 or more of those at least. Biggest lesson - there is such a thing as too much water. They told me that what I was drinking regularly was too much. So I am now on fluid restrictions :ph34r:. I am home now in my comfy chair with my puppies and my sweetie and am so glad and grateful.

Some of the many blessings out of all of this are that 1) I was smart enough to go to the darn hospital. 2) The Whole 30 probably saved my life because if I had not been in the healthy place I am I might not have made it through this. Thank you Dallas and Melissa. 3) I have many wonderful friends, family, and people that care for me. 4) I realized how many things I am grateful for, things that we so very often take for granted. 5) I had a wonderful group of people to care for me in the hospital and it made it less painful. 6) Most importantly - I have the most wonderful and supportive life partner anyone could ask for. 7) Life is good!

Did I stay Whole 30 compliant during all this -pretty much. Mostly because I could not eat when I was in the hospital :wacko: However, I can say that I did get a giggle out of what the hospital considered healthy food. At one point they gave me menu and told me I had to order because I needed to eat. They pointed out to me that the certain symbols indicated healthy choices and they also told me that the cafeteria staff would help me make the right choices. Here are some of the healthy items from the menu white rice, enchiladas, quesadillas, jello - I won't go on. I did the best I could given the circumstances. I stuck with broth, veggies, fruits, eggs, meat - Lord only knows what they cooked them in. I usually took a bite of something and then could not eat any more. The broth was probably what I had the most. It is so funny - I looked at the menu and mostly thought - No way am I eating that. I am very glad to be home now with my Whole 30 food. I am still not able to eat much.

The doctors after hearing about the Whole 30 said I should definitely continue. They said aside from my infection and sodium levels I had great results. They said my blood sugar was very well managed.

I am resting now and slowly working my way back. Thank you all for your silent prayers, healing vibes, and thoughts of healing. I have felt them all and they are so appreciated. :wub:

Have a blessed day! I know I will. :rolleyes:

Faith

I'm glad that this wasn't more serious than it could have been, I'm glad that you have Kaye, I'm glad you're home - where you belong, I'm glad that you're okay... I'm also glad that you can't see me, cause I might be a little misty eyed! I could blame it on the damn allergies if W30 didn't already clear them all up!

I was worried for both of you.

BIG FAT HUGS all around, even the puppies!

Hi All,

Just coming on to say I am recuperating. It is a slow process - so I am just taking it one day at a time.

Thanks Derval, I am taking it easy.

Hugs Lola! Thanks for all the kind words and the BIG FAT HUGS (lol)! I hope you and hubby are doing well.

We reintroduced dairy with no issues yesterday. We had some ice cream which was too rich for me and certainly too sweet. I will not be doing that again anytime soon and when I do it will not be such a rich choice (salted caramel truffle). I had my coffee with cream and it was wonderful.

Have a great day!

Faith

Archived