Resetting frustration

Bestlife14

Hi All,

I started on Jan. 6th, fell off, retsarted on Jan. 17th, fell off, restarted on yesterday and already fell off. One challenge is that I am not a big meat eater. Is the Whole9 vegetarian 30 day just as effective? Maybe I'll have better success.

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)

no, the vegetarian whole30 is not as good. It is a compromise, and it is better than many ways one may eat as a vegetarian, but it is not as good as the regular whole30.

Do you want to share what cause the restarts? We may be able to help troubleshoot those specific issues for you.

AND IMHO restarting just means more days eating pretty darn close to whole30, which is great! just get back on the horse and try again.

Hi All,

I started on Jan. 6th, fell off, retsarted on Jan. 17th, fell off, restarted on yesterday and already fell off. One challenge is that I am not a big meat eater. Is the Whole9 vegetarian 30 day just as effective? Maybe I'll have better success.

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)

I know Dallas and Melissa don't promise the same benefits from it as from a regular W30. And there is no mixing and matching between the two shopping lists. You might get better feedback in the W30 for Vegetarians section though. I know some vegetarians do a regular W30 but just do seafood and eggs for their protein sources.

Here is some more reading for you: http://whole9life.com/2012/03/paleo-nutrition-for-vegetarians/

Hi Missmary and Physibeth,

Thank you for your words of encouragement and information.

Well, as I make a commitment to this lifestyle (I have totally transformed my cabinet foods and refrigerator foods and have compiled a book of the Whole30 downloads that I bring with me when grocery shopping), I still need to give away my organic white wine and organic popcorn. I know that sounds funny but they are the only 2 things that I am holding onto.

In addition, I am not quite there as it relates to cooking the menus in advance. So, each meal is, well, unplanned. I look in the refrigerator and try to put something together. I just added more variety to the meat and fish I have so that should help.

I bought a book just yesterday that offers really simple recipes. To go from rarely cooking to cooking all of the time is a challenge but one I am fully committed to working on. I cook for me, myself, and I and by the time I stop working each night, I am a bit tired to cook. I plan to cook on the weekend and then the weekend slips by and I have not cooked.

I know I must say ..."just do it!"...I have made a big financial commitment to this way of life and I believe in its value to my good health.

Having a plan is key to success and I get the too tired thing completely. 

This blog post might help you: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/07/27/whole30-week-1-food-plan/

What I personally do is try to cook dinner on weeknights making enough for multiple leftovers. I eat dinner leftovers for lunch the next day and freeze the rest. I make breakfast pretty simple as I don't care about eating the same thing all the time. I also keep some simple things around like grass fed compliant hot dogs, raw sauerkraut, raw veggies, frozen hamburger patties, etc. Things that I can quickly make if I don't feel like cooking. 

Food doesn't have to be complicated to be yummy and the only way to learn to cook is to jump on in.

Archived