Trina's whole 30

Trina1960

DAY ONE and am feeling good....didnt eat anything that i dont normally eat....vegie ommlette fo breakfast....green tea then set about working in the vegie garden..found some boysenberries that are the last of the season and munched on them only about 5....and i wont see anymore for another year...Lunch I wasnt prepared as I was only asked yesterday if I would like to join someone else along this menu plan...I decided on a hard boiled egg, half an avocado. 1 1/2 tomatoes. And a half a nectarine. The other half a bird got and i ate it before the fruit fly settled...For dinner Im having slow cooked pork belly....have a big strip of crackle for everybody else to go with it that i will roast when i do the vegies...I have some sweet potatoe,eggplants,beetroot and some spinach in the garden and maybe some red capsicum and cucumber to go in cold once its cooled. Made the bbq sauce to go with the pork belly since i dont have a suitable gravy.

Feeling pretty blessed to have such a choice of food...Planning on a prawn avocado salad for lunch tomorrow and healthy roast chcicken cooked in the thermoix for dinner....nature provides such diversity in our food..love it love food..till tomorrow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

It sounds as if you are not eating enough protein at meals. One boiled egg for your protein at lunch is not enough. Four eggs would be closer to the standard. The meal template is a helpful guide to figuring appropriate portion sizes: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Thanks Tom,,,,problem was I wasnt hungry...am about to put in day two and i had the same problem. Lunch time im not hungry. I cooked all day and I ended up forcing myself to eat an egg and a serving of cashews with a glass of water kefir...

What do you suggest here? THanks :)

Day 2

2 poached eggs and 1/4 avocado left over vegies salad with bbq sauce. And a green tea

Late lunch due to not being hungry

1 boiled egg and a serving of cashewsz and glass of water kefir

snack had a glass of water kefir

dinner

Steamed chicken with herb rub, with mixed vegies, salad and bbq sauce

Not hungry but spent most of the day baking. Made 2 cooked chickens and a chicken meatloaf for breakky tomorrow.

Has been a very hot day, no wind and the humidity is high.

Day 3

Had the best nights sleep i have had in years...dont know why...if its the food or tiredness has caught up but had a great uninterupted sleep. Love it,

2 slices of chicken meatloaf with a poaced egg. Tomato and green tea.

Lunch

chicken and salad with mayonnaise and boiled egg.

kefir water

Dinner was yum a large bbq lamb chop ....home grown lamb had tow on my plate but couldnt eat both so gave another to my son...asparagus, carrots, salad tomatoes,olives,cucumber and mayonnaise..

I read that one should eat 3 meals a day and to try not to eat inbetween.

aftre seeing a dietician on TV tonight suggesting how to shop in a supermarket I dont have much faith in them

The only thing she had in her trolley that was healthy was the fruit and vegie. The rest was white sugar, boxed cereLs and margarine....All the ingredients that contain unhealthy sugars and bad fats....

No thanks.

• Moderators

Whether one is hungry or not, he should never skip his meals. Most of the people skip their breakfast, planing to eat a lot in the afternoon. But that is not recommended. A good dietician will always tell you one simple rule - eat less, eat often!

Conventional wisdom says a lot of stupid things. We ask you to forget the wisdom of dietitians, the FDA, and even your mother and to do a Whole30 as written. 

DAY4 I had another great nights sleep. Its amazing I have never slept as well as I have in the last two nights and I have no idea why, only that its wonderful.

Im half waiting for the 4 day monster but no sign of my evil twin so far which of course is also wonderful as Its been along time since Ive seen her. All in all life is great.

I have been increasing my meal sizes...just had lunch and i can hardly move and didnt have room for a green tea.

Brekky was a couple of slices of meatloaf cooked in ghee an egg cooked in cocnut oil mixed with tumeric and pepper and salad tomato and green tea

Lunch was huge....2 big palm size rissoles made from mince,garlic,onion,chilli and almond meal, with sweet potato and cauliflower cooked in ghee tossed with gourmet lettuce and tomato and two big blobs of mayonnaise...kefir water and i cant move my belly feels like it wants to explode.

Dinner i am going out tonight...im going to have steak..without the mushroom sauce and no fries....going to ask for double the salad and take my own mayonnaise....might even take a container of coleslaw as their salads are pretty ordinary at the local pub...to drink im going to have mineral water with a piece of lemon...

Lets hope I have another good nights sleep and the evil twin stays lost

Day 5 sleep wasnt as good but then the dogs barked alot....woke with a bit of a sore neck...dinner last night was great. A lovely juicy steak with salad...thats it .... for fats i took some cashews and ate them with my meal...drank 4 bottles of mineral water with a piece of lemon...easy peasy...who would have though i could resist a bourbon or a wine...not me...but i did it easy..and it feels so good to wake up feeling wonderful.

went to the farmers markets this morning and bought 3 doz eggs...heaps of beautiful green vegies and some organic plums...still have loads of fruit on our trees ...

breakky was a beef risssole,egg and sweet potato, onion, tomatoe and gourmet lettuce with some mayo.. and green tea

just had lunch and it was a chicken fritata..cooked in ghee.....had chicken, sweet potato,tumeric,baby spinach and mushrooms with mayo on the side some green grapes..

green

Salmon dipped in cicinut flour and cooked in ghee served with zoodles, carrots,goumet lettuce,cucumber, tomato, capsicum and mayo.

wondering as i get so full if i can half or 3/4 the size of protein,fat and veg.....could hardly move all afternoon yesterday i ate so much...

Day 6

meal1 consisted of a beef pattie and egg cooked in ghee with a salad ...no mayo so ate some cashews

meal 2...busy day...had to go meet the governor general for afternoon tea....had a beef pattie, slalad and olives

meal 3...slow cooked sirloin roast...mised tossed vegetables and lettuce,tomato and olives

prepared tomorrows breakfast as another busy day ahead....salad made

,left over beef sirloin...

will make more mayo tomorrow habe

Day 7 wooohoooo its a whole week and im feeling great..just polished off meal one after a long bush walk...am ready for the busy day ahead

Meal 1 was 1 meat pattie 1 boiled egg ,olives, salad and 2 slices orange...am going shopping for some ripe avocados mine wont ripen.....need some good fats....

MEAL 2 was egg and salad...some olives...finally got some ripe avocados

meal 3 am cooking a chilli chicken stir fry..my own recipe with lots of garlic and ginger as i dont have any fjsh sauce or oyster sauce suitable...will add some stock and get a spaghetti squash from the garden and have some advocado on the side....

am feeling tired this arvo...had an early morning walk and then pilates ....a quick whiz around the shop and home to get dinner....wasnt prepared but have some prep to do tonigjt for tomorrow..

Day 8....im surprised ive never stuck to a diet before in my life and here i am on day 8....the last 2 mornings ive been out walking the dog for about 45 minutes...walked my 10,000 steps plus yesterday but am feeling lethargic....its very hot afternoons are humid and muggy...had a late breakfast due to having to get my daughter out the door and had the restumper come in to give us a quote for restumping the house. Bad news there...so i ended up in the kitchen at about 10.00 am for meal 1

meal 1 lovely piece of salmon cooked in ghee with 1/4 avocado. A salad that consisted of tomato,red capsicum,cucumber,rocket and lettuce and a big dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise...

meal 2....2 eggs, salad, avocado and mayo...kefir water

Black coffee

meal 3.....2 lamb chops (home grown) tossed salad with rocket,tomato,red capsicum,avocado,cucumber.spaghetti squash cold..was delicious but i think it was the slivers of garlic i put on it before i roasted it....avocado mayonnaise....followed by a baked nectarine (just drizzled a teaspoon of water over it ) sprinkled with cinnamon and a tablespoon of coconut yoghurt (coconut cream and coyo starter)

Day 9

meal 1 bacon, eggs, tossed salad with a few slices of swt potato abocado and mayo

meal 2 eggs, salad avocado and mayo

meal 3 sirloin steak, tossed salad, roasted vegies....eggplant, swt potato, pumkin, mushrooms, cauliflower, beetroot with avocado and mayo

bit sore across shoulders...think this is from mondays pilates class...was first time back after 2 weeks did alot of muscle strengthening due to having walked in the morning...rode my bike for about an hour...rode into town and about...just cruisin.

more energy today than the last two days not sure if its the plan or due to a cooler day..maybe a combination of both..

this truly is an easy plan...its yummy even though im eating the same foods....even hubby and the two adult children dont notice any change...not that there is much....its good..win win.

walk in the morning followed by a very busy day....might do some planning tonight.

Went for a walk this morning with the dog before

Meal 1 bacon, eggs. Left over roast vegies with baby spinach and mayo

meal 2 was in town and got held up so had a chia pod.....chia seeds,coconut milk and mango no sugar or anything else in it....

got home and had a kefir water

Meal 3 humungus piece if sirloin steak and roast vegies ( mushrooms,broccoli,swt potato, pumpkin,eggplant, cauliflower, with baby spinach, spaghetti squash and mung beans......my stomach is going to burst...

Went for a walk this morning with the dog before

Meal 1 bacon, eggs. Left over roast vegies with baby spinach and may

meal 2 was in town and got held up so had a chia pod.....chia seeds,coconut milk and mango no sugar or anything else in it....

got home and had a kefir water

Meal 3 humungus piece if sirloin steak and roast vegies ( mushrooms,broccoli,swt potato, pumpkin,eggplant, cauliflower, with baby spinach, spaghetti squash and mung beans......my stomach is going to burst...

Sorry, it looks like mung beans are legumes and therefore out for a Whole30. No need to restart: just shelve them for the remainder of your Whole30.

Sorry, it looks like mung beans are legumes and therefore out for a Whole30. No need to restart: just shelve them for the remainder of your Whole30.

Ooops...gee i didnt even think of them as being a legume.a very dumb moment....Thanks for the heads up Chris....

DAY 11

Didnt sleep well last night was awake at 3.00 am and layed there till 5.30 and decided i may as well do some house work....went for an early not too early 6.45 walk with the dog...

meal 1 bacon, egg, baby spinach and left over roast vegies from last night.. with mayo ..... .green tea...

bike ride up town and down the bush track ..did my 10,000 steps before 10.00 am

hung out washing and mowed lawns

meal 2 chicken, gourmet lettuce and left over vevies with mayo

Meal 3 hoping to go out for dinner.....looking forward to a steak and salad and will take some nuts ...cashews with me

How did your night out go Trina?

I am really worried about a luncheon I am going to next Wednesday. I will have to do some investigating on the place we are going to.

Hope you had a great night. :)

It was just to the local club....my son is down from uni and so we go out as a family usually to have a few drinks shoot some pool and a pub meal and a catch up with the other locals....this is my second time out and surprisingly not difficult...I know they have steak or fish..so i just ask to have it without the mushroom sauce and no chips...I then take a small container that i put some cashews in and I have my fat...they have mayo but i have no idea whats in it and honestly i dont want to draw attention to myself so i dont ask...i thought alcohol would be a huge problem for me as i love beer,wine and bourbon....but i get mineral water on ice with a slice of lemon and its fine....i have noticed though we dont stay 8out as late....which is a bonus for hubby as he has early milking...

I had to go and meet the governor general last weekend and thought i just wouldnt eat..but they had platters of fresh fruit and a cheese platter loaded with olives...it wasnt lunch or dinner so i wasnt hungry..but i still socialized and had a couple of olives and cherries...i think what this has done for me is make me feel more normal..any other time i would have been downing the cheeses not being able to stop at one piece...or having to move away from the food...I feel more comfortable around food...and its okay to refrain without feeling unsociable..not sure if that makes sense.

I hope you have a lovely time at the luncheon...if you know where it is you may be ble to look up the menu online or give them a buzz...might be worth it then you can relax and know you will enjoy your time there.. :)

Day 12.....didnt get to sleep in....

meal 1 egg, bacon, left over vefies,avocado and salad

meal 2 ..chicken, avocado and salad

meal 3 roast pork with apple sauce and swt potao, broccoli and tossed salad and avocado

feeling drained...had a day of cooking peacherine jam and meatballs....meatballs were great...consisted of garlic, onion, almond meal, chilli powder, coconut amines and an egg....fry in ghee till browned then place in oven till cooked...tasted awesome...looking forward to breakfast.. jam i didnt taste but the consistency looked good. Will find out tomorrow when the tasters have breakky.xx

DAY 13

woke feeling great for a sunday...contemplated going for a bike ride but energy levels petered out after brekky....its another hot day and went for a motorbike ride over the farm to check the stock.

meal 1 beef meatballs, egg with vegie salad and avocado

meal 2 chicken, salad ..no avocado so used 2 Tspns of coconut oil..need to make some more mayo this arvo

Wierd..my body feels energetic but my eyes and head feel like a nap would be good....odd

meal 3 chicken,coleslaw and tossed salad with mayo

DAY 14

Think I slept okay...didnt have much time to think about it this morning..got up and took the dog for a walk did over 8,000 steps before

meal 1....meatballs.salad and mayo...

pilates for an hour and 15...and then shopping...got home and my evil twin decided to show....presently i hate everyone and everthing .....

Hoping this phase passes real quick.

Meal 2 meatballs,zoodles,red capsicum amd avocado

Meal 3...excelled with this meal was scrumptious, turkey spaghetti...minced turkey, garlic onion, carrot, evoo,oregano,basil,tomato paste, mashed fresh tomatoes, bay leaf and coconut amines.....cooked and poured over spaghetti squash baked with drizzled oil and garlic...served with avocado...yummo..

DAY 15 and half way there....didnt sleep at all last night....took the dog for an early morning walk...no bike ride today due to work committments.

meal 1 ....meatballs, salad and avocado and may

meal2 chicken, egg, salad and avocado and mayo

meal 3 salmon cooked in ghee....swt potatoe and salad vegies with mayo

Day 16... Hubby is coming down with the flu...aches and pains high temp and headaches....moved bedroom and got some sleep which was useful....woke and had a glass of warm lemon water before early morning walk with the dog...

Meal 1 ....was huge...bacon.eggs, sweet potato, avocado,lettuce,tomatoes capsicum and cucumber and mayo

Meal 2... Chicken, lettuce,cucumber,tomato,avocado, capsicum and mayo

Black coffee

Dinner I can't decide...pad Thai or chilli chicken with almonds...am wondering if the family is over spaghetti squash yet.

Well I cooked neither...

meal 3 pressure cooker beef and vegie curry consisting of steak,swt potato,cauliflower, brussel sprouts and coconut milk

kefir water...

hubby is becoming interested in doing the whole 30....think this is great...but not straight away...he eats most of the food i make anyway but has sugar in his tea,bread at breakky and cereal,,,,,im going away 3 days before my whole 30 finishes and im going to continue it whilst away...there will be a few days when i can indulge in a glass of wine before i return ..in the meantime i will slow his consumption of grains and dairy....and then i will do another whole 30 with him...also i think i might put my daughter on it too. I will just have to prepare all her lunches for when her carers take her out...getting them on board will be the hardest thing to do...

Archived