Bloated ~ was fine, now poochy!

I am on day 19, and I LOVE this way of eating.  However, the last 3 or so afternoons/evenings I am VERY BLOATED. My stomach looks 4-5 months pregnant when I go to sleep!  I have followed the plan to the 'T'!  I didn't even lick my fingers with I dished up my husband's tortellini the other night. Not only that, but it is uncomfortable.  Here is what my day looks like:

Pre w/o 4am, hard boiled egg.  However I ran out of eggs and the last few mornings has just been a blob of sunbutter.

Post w/o 6:00am about 2-3oz chicken with a slice of sweet potato.

Breakfast 8:00am 2-3 eggs scrambled (today was 2 eggs with about 2oz grass fed beef), blueberries, one sm-med banana with 1/2 cup coconut milk over it.

Lunch 12:10pm palm size serving of grilled chicken or grass fed beef or bison, and the last couple days a cup of cabbage, and about 1/2-1 cup butternut squash, lime juice and 1 tsp olive oil. 

Dinner palm size meat, broccoli filling the plate and a little sweet potato; dessert 1 apple chopped, a few blueberries and coconut milk.  This was last night's dinner.  Sometimes it's a salad with cabbage and meat and avocado with lemon juice/olive oil.  The veggies vary.

Sometimes mid afternoon I'll have a blob (maybe 2-3 tablespoonfuls) of sunbutter. Yesterday & today I drank some Kombucha, but I was bloated prior to drinking this.

My stomach is flat in the morning, but it does grow bigger and more uncomfortable as the afternoon apporoaches.  Prior to whole30, I was a "clean eater"  about 85-90% of the time.

Please advise! 

I'm sure someone with more expertise will chime in shortly, but I wanted to mention that cabbage, broccoli, and kombucha would turn me into the human balloon.  (Of course, if you've been eating them all regularly up until this point that may not be it for you. )

Oh yes, I KNOW THIS ALL TOO WELL!  You should have seen me when I first started in on lots of veggies (not to mention smell me) ~ LOL!  I thought my husband of 27 years was going to divorce me!

Maybe that is it.  The butternut squash is the newest thing.  I've been on cabbage/broccoli for a while now.

It could be the sunbutter also. Nuts can mess up your digestion. You might want to try one or two days without nuts and see if there is any change and then maybe one or two days limiting the gassy veggies and see if that help. I am always bloated as well and haven't figured out what it is.

The funny thing is, I prefer veggies over fruit. But I LOVE the coconut milk, and it isn't as scrumptious over veggies! ;-D

I will throw in some spinach with my eggs.

Thanks.

And I HOPE it's not the coconut milk. What about coconut flakes or butter? Same? I love it all.

Yay on the veggies. Ive eaten so many green veggies, it's nice to mix it up.

Plus, pre whole30, starchier veggies were "taboo". Silly! I'm so glad I found whole30.

I barely want to reintroduce food groups I feel so good. But I will. I am interested in how those items affect me.

Would sunbutter as mentioned above be a potential culprit in the bloating?

Thanks!!

Yay on the veggies. Ive eaten so many green veggies, it's nice to mix it up.

Plus, pre whole30, starchier veggies were "taboo". Silly! I'm so glad I found whole30.

I barely want to reintroduce food groups I feel so good. But I will. I am interested in how those items affect me.

Would sunbutter as mentioned above be a potential culprit in the bloating?

Thanks!!

I believe you're ok with keeping the sunbutter. Instead of having it alone as a snack, couple it with a protein to make a mini meal.

Archived