Making the carb flu easier?

Rhaegar

So I'm up to day 3, and my head is all kinds of foggy (My carb macro have ranged between 20g - 70g). I was also quite short and snappy at work today.

Are there any secrets to make the next few day's easier?

Make sure you're staying sufficiently hydrated. Drink water, in the amount of at least half your body weight in ounces, daily.

And step away from the macro tracker. :) Tracking grams of macros is not recommended during a Whole30. The idea is to tune into your body's satiety signals instead, using the Whole30 meal template as your guide.

Moving this thread to the Troubleshooting section.

in addition to what Chris said: have you considered eating more carbs? The Whole30 isn't a "low carb" program, and it doesn't need to be low carb to work. Eating more sweet potatoes, winter squash, parsnips, carrots, etc. may help a lot, especially during the transition period.

Good luck.  I was turbo snappy for about a week when I first started.  Felt bad and my fuse was 1mm long.  It gets better.  Just hang in there.  I did add some sweet potato and bananas.  Don't know if that was what made it better, or if my body just adjusted to no added sugar.  Lasted a good week though!!

Archived