March 3

DanielleBuen

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Danielle, I'm feeling the same, I don't think I'm eating enough but I just can't eat more. I had amazing coconut shrimps with zucchini and mushrooms and cauliflower rice yesterday, it was so good. Somehow I was hoping to notice some changes, good or bad, bit besides being emotional on day 3, nothing so far. Maybe my stomach issues got a little better. How about you?

Hi Danielle and Samila,

I felt very hungry all the time until yesterday, today is day 7 for me and for some reason I can't eat as much as when I started.  Also when I felt hungry today I didn't feel the need to eat right away.  No change in energy levels...still very tired and foggy.

I am using the Well Fed book and her website for recipes.  It is helping me a lot creating new dishes.  I made mayo (Well Fed recipe) yesterday for a salmon salad. I ate it with cucumbers, like a cucumber little sandwiches.

How was the mayo? and I am just taking it one meal at a time one day at a time but I am still sleepy too!

I liked it.  Not a huge difference from regular mayo.  I think regular mayo has vinegar.  Also, it makes a lot, at least for my family, we stopped using mayo about 2 years ago and we substituted it with avocado.  I only made the mayo to change things around 'cause this can get pretty boring and if I need a snack fast I have it.  The eggs in the morning are getting old...so I am going to make soup for this week breakfast.  Today starts week 2. (Last year when I tried this I did not pass week two :( :( ).  Going to read ISWF again to keep me motivated throughout this week.

Thank you Jenski. 

Day 9.  Had butternut soup with cauliflower and chard for breakfast. For lunch I am going to have a grilled chicken salad.  I've lost some weight but I don't think it is "true" weight yet.  Let see what happens this week.  I am still very tired. I did not do my regular exercises (XTRAIN/Cathe Frederich) for two days.  I am going swimming today...nothing hard.

I read there is a food log somewhere.  Does anyone have that link?

Thank you Jenski. 

Day 9.  Had butternut soup with cauliflower and chard for breakfast. For lunch I am going to have a grilled chicken salad.  I've lost some weight but I don't think it is "true" weight yet.  Let see what happens this week.  I am still very tired. I did not do my regular exercises (XTRAIN/Cathe Frederich) for two days.  I am going swimming today...nothing hard.

I read there is a food log somewhere.  Does anyone have that link?

You can create a food log for yourself in the Your Whole30 Log section of the forum.  Just start a topic, and proceed.

Also, for the best results, follow the recommended meal template for each meal. It looks like your breakfast may have been missing protein? 

I feel yucky today. Tired and headache. Same yesterday--literally fell asleep on top of the covers on my bed with all my work clothes still on when I got home yesterday! I was expecting this feeling since so many people described the same thing so I'm not really complaining. I know it will get better! I've been a lot more prepared food-wise the last two days so that's positive.

Day 9 also!  I feel pretty good..I blame the tiredness on setting the clocks ahead, but maybe it is the diet.  I am prepared, but getting sick of eggs…ha!  I will soon be able to make the gym on a regular basis, but I am feeling good as of now.  Have fought the temptation to drink when out with friends, eat apps when at a house party, and eat ice cream with family!  Sheesh that was hard!  Getting through...

Thank You Chris.  I was on vacation....yeah about that...very hard to stay 100% whole 30... My eggs were cooked in canola oil and I found out later they used milk in the omelets and my salad had candied nuts even though it did not say it on the menu! (I took them out)...so...I think I have to start again...(bummer!!!!).  Over all I feel good....lost 7lbs...today was supposed to be day 12.  Oh well back to day 1 :rolleyes:

Day 9 also!  I feel pretty good..I blame the tiredness on setting the clocks ahead, but maybe it is the diet.  I am prepared, but getting sick of eggs…ha!  I will soon be able to make the gym on a regular basis, but I am feeling good as of now.  Have fought the temptation to drink when out with friends, eat apps when at a house party, and eat ice cream with family!  Sheesh that was hard!  Getting through...

Way to go Celine!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Can I join your group? I started 3/3 and I feel great. The first 4 days were an ass kick, but I am good now. My question is this... Has anyone checked on the calories that they are consuming? I know we are not supposed too and it's all about eating until satisfied, but I started tracking out of curiosity and I have been as low as 735 and my highs around 930. Do you think being below 1200 is a problem, I don't want my body to go into starvation mode like all the info out there says, but if I am not hungry do I still need to eat more?

Hi Everyone!

Can I join your group? I started 3/3 and I feel great. The first 4 days were an ass kick, but I am good now. My question is this... Has anyone checked on the calories that they are consuming? I know we are not supposed too and it's all about eating until satisfied, but I started tracking out of curiosity and I have been as low as 735 and my highs around 930. Do you think being below 1200 is a problem, I don't want my body to go into starvation mode like all the info out there says, but if I am not hungry do I still need to eat more?

HI

Of course you can join in on the group anyone is welcome and as far as the calories go I saw mine where very low as well so I upped my protein and healthy fats a bit. Just listen to your body if you are hungry eat more and also those calorie counters are only so accurate so take it that way! Welcome J

Today I am in the "Kill All the Things" stage I think. I'm super cranky! And still as tired as I have been the past few days. I ate more today than I have been the past two days...food is less gross to me today but I still had to quit half way through meal two because I just couldn't eat any more--not because I was full, because I started to just feel like what I was eating was really icky. :( Same with the eggs on M3. Last night when I was making a few meals for the week, I was going to add tempeh to my spaghetti sauce (tempeh is allowed if you are vegetarian) and it looked so gross I had to throw it out! I hope this phase passes soon! Anyone else experience this??

Danielle and Wendy--I like the idea of checking on the calorie count each day; I have a feeling that my cals were super low the past two days and probably lower than they should be today too.

Welcome, Wendy btw! :)

My question is this... Has anyone checked on the calories that they are consuming? I know we are not supposed too and it's all about eating until satisfied, but I started tracking out of curiosity and I have been as low as 735 and my highs around 930. Do you think being below 1200 is a problem, I don't want my body to go into starvation mode like all the info out there says, but if I am not hungry do I still need to eat more?

HI

Of course you can join in on the group anyone is welcome and as far as the calories go I saw mine where very low as well so I upped my protein and healthy fats a bit. Just listen to your body if you are hungry eat more and also those calorie counters are only so accurate so take it that way! Welcome J

Danielle and Wendy--I like the idea of checking on the calorie count each day; I have a feeling that my cals were super low the past two days and probably lower than they should be today too.

Welcome, Wendy btw! :)

Danielle has it right on listening to your body.

Whole30 recommends not to calorie count http://whole30.com/2013/02/you-count-more-than-your-calories-do/.  

Instead, the recommendation is to follow the meal template, and create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours.

Remember, part of the Whole30 is changing your relationship with food.  Use this process to tune into your body's satiety signals.

Another day! Made the sweet potatoe hash..served with two eggs and sauteed spinach/onions.  With the leftover sweet potatoe hash I made the "No-Fuss Salmon cakes (ISWF) for lunch (I added spinach to it and it came out great).  Kids loved it!! Going to make it again....soon... :) .  I also made clarified butter today.  It came out great. It wasn't too hard to make.

I am feeling ok. Not 100%.  I made it through lunch without snacking. I drank green tea instead.  I've been trying to exercise even if I don't feel like it....at least 30 minutes of cardio one day and weight training the next.

I'm almost all the way through day 8...I felt amazing this morning, slept 10 hours last night. Headache mid-afternoon again, as usual. Was going to make some roasted veg tonite, but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Early to bed again for me!

I'm almost all the way through day 8...I felt amazing this morning, slept 10 hours last night. Headache mid-afternoon again, as usual. Was going to make some roasted veg tonite, but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Early to bed again for me!

That's awesome Jenski! I wish I could sleep 10 hours...but then again...I keep going to bed late.  Today for the first time I did not feel hungry between meals. 

I craved sugar though...I was hoping the cravings would stop this week...maybe my body knows that I had to start over yesterday :lol:

Archived