March 3

DanielleBuen

I'm planning on doing the bulk of my shopping tomorrow (Saturday) I haven't put too much thought into meals yet, just planning on getting lots of meat and veg and working from there. Sunday is my sister's bday celebrations so birthday cake and wine might be my final fling before Monday!

What's everyone else got planned for their final weekend??

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a good recipe out there that uses minced lamb (ground lamb for the americans). I wanna do some shopping to pick up some bits, like avocado and olives. Just stock up a bit.

Here are a couple good ones from Well Fed:

- Moroccan meatballs http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/03/05/mmmmm-moroccan-meatballs/

- Shepherd's Pie http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/12/28/paleo-comfort-food-cottage-flower-pie/

In fact, I'm currently eating the Shepherd's Pie for dinner - yum!

My final weekend is my birthday lol I will be going out with friends Saturday I am limiting myself to two drinks and dinner will be steak and veggies I wont be having cake Im not a cake person anyway so this wont be hard and I will be preping a chicken and veggie soup for the week as well as porkchops chicken breasts and lots of veggies

My plan is to make sure I have enough compliant stuff in the house. I'm a vegetarian so I have to be a little creative to get enough protein in...already anticipating eating eggs at least once a day! I'm really looking forward to starting; I have been going dairy-free for a while and I've been practicing eating a lot less grains/pseudo grains in hopes of making the transition to Whole30 a little less shocking to my system. I'm also re-reading ISWF and taking some notes. Can't wait to hear how everyone's first day goes on Monday!

Hi Everyone! Thanks for starting this thread. My husband and I are starting on March 2nd, and I'm excited to have a group to check in with. We've been eating Paleo at home for a long time but travel and dining out tend to throw me off. I'm looking forward to feeling the benefits of making good choices all the time. If anyone has ideas for backpacking meals, we are doing a 5 day trip during the 30.

I would love to join also.  My first day will be March 3rd as Day 0.  My name is Katy Duncan  

I look forward to doing this and for the last month i have slowly started to eat more paleo and cut out more of the yucky stuff.

Katy

Alright, I'm ready...week 1 menu planned...a ton of new groceries to fill in what I threw out yesterday...and in the process of clarifying butter. Whole 30...here I come....still a bit terrified, but at least prepared!

I just started today! :)  I am really excited to start to make changes, but I am really nervous about making the time to cook and work out.  Looking forward to hearing from each of you with recipes, and ways to cut time...

I made a Breakfast quiche from this website: http://kateupdates.com/2012/09/20/5-quick-easy-whole30-breakfast-options/

I made enough of this and also chicken for the week so hopefully that will be good!  I would be into making a Facebook page with posts!

I just started today! :)  I am really excited to start to make changes, but I am really nervous about making the time to cook and work out.  Looking forward to hearing from each of you with recipes, and ways to cut time...

I made a Breakfast quiche from this website: http://kateupdates.com/2012/09/20/5-quick-easy-whole30-breakfast-options/

I made enough of this and also chicken for the week so hopefully that will be good!  I would be into making a Facebook page with posts!

Did you make the Sweet n Savory Quiche? One of the ingredients - vanilla extract - is not Whole30 compliant.

Did you make the Sweet n Savory Quiche? One of the ingredients - vanilla extract - is not Whole30 compliant.

Hey thanks! I noticed that, so I did not use vanilla extract and I did not use cocoa powder…I substituted that for double cinnamon!  Thank you for the look out!  I am having some issues with knowing what is compliant and what is not!

Hey thanks! I noticed that, so I did not use vanilla extract and I did not use cocoa powder…I substituted that for double cinnamon!  Thank you for the look out!  I am having some issues with knowing what is compliant and what is not!

Google Whole30 can I have to see the Whole30 Can I Have guide.

Good luck everyone! I'm starting today too. I feel really prepared, but I'm hoping I can beat the sugar dragon! Any other nursing mommy's out there? Hoping to keep my supply up!

I just made a yummy sauté breakfast- kale, hamburger, sweet potato and egg... But it is really weird to taste garlic this early in the AM! Guess I'll get used to it!

Archived