March 3

DanielleBuen

Hi all I am half way done with "It starts with Food" and have decided this is something that I NEED to do! I am picking the 3rd as my start date so I can finish the book, clear out my pantry and fridge and also give my fiancee time to read the book.  I am excited nervous to start this journey! If anyone has any advice or is starting around the same time feel free to comment I am new to this so I encourge any and all supoort!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it is a big change for me I am planning it out down to the last spinach leaf lol.  I have reading alot of the posts here and researching recipes and just preparing this is far more mental for me than physical.  Physically I eat anything but mentally I have gotten into a bad junk food habit.

The best advise I can give you is to check out The Clothes Make The Girl and Nom Nom Paleo blogs. They both have tons of recipes for your whole30. Get some quick easy recipes that you can whip up when you are too tired to cook and are ready to order a pizza. Also The Clothes Make The Girl has tips for doing a cook up once a week so that your food prep can be reduced. I would download and print the pdf files so you have a quick reference. http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/. I would also check out the timeline for what to expect during your whole30. http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/. You might want to have a game plan for when you have to eat at a restaurant or at someone's home. There are so many great tips in the forums. Good Luck!

Good idea Danielle! I always say Set Yourself Up For Success...meaning use what you already know about yourself to your advantage. If you know that the planning will really help you, go for it. I'm sort of practicing this week, getting rid of many (but not all) of the things that Whole 30 requires us to say goodbye to. In the past I probably would have treated this 11 day period before my start date as a free-for-all, eating everything I knew I "couldn't" have--but the ISWF book really impressed on me how foods affect my insides, not just my weight. Scary! So I'm already setting myself up for success and I'm glad you are too! I will also check out the websites/pages that Tina mentions above. Thanks, Tina!

Hello Lovelies!  I am beginning my second whole 30 March 1st, can I join in with you?  I just turned 29 yesterday, so why not get my thirtieth year off to the right kind of start, right?!.  In the next several days, I plan on limiting my sugar, grain and alcohol consumption (I think it helped me last time). Also, sleep is an issue for me so I'm practicing a set bedtime.  Really excited to do this with support this time, last time I did it entirely on my own (but SO glad I did). 

I think a facebook post would be awesome.  We could also check in here.  I can't belive it is only 6 days from now.  I am excited to start and have been finsihing up my meal plans and looking into a couple different activities to keep me busy so I am not snacking when I am not hungry! My facebook is under Danielle Buenting let me know if y'all want to make a group!

Hi! Im planning on starting my second W30 very soon and the 3rd of March sounds good to me. I started my first W30 in January but I got the flu towards the end of it and I couldn't stomach much but crackers, so kind of sabotaged it. I did well on it to begin with and was compliant on the whole, but once I got that nasty bug, it was impossible to stay on the coarse. Saying that, I nEEd to get back on the plan. This time around I will try to eat more veggies. I found it kind of difficult to get all my veggies, cooking them up, working, college, family, housework. Im hoping to get a lot of prep work done before I start.

So, Im hoping to start with you guys again on march 3rd! Looking forward to it!

OK, March 3 it is!  I was going good for a while with Paleo/Primal eating and then fell off the wagon during the holidays last year.  I might as well make it a Whole 42 since Lents starts on Wednesday March 5 and goes for 40 days.  I think the key for me this time around is to keep the meal planning simple - maybe alternating the same 2 meals for breakfast (and doing the same thing for lunch and dinner).  That's only six meals that I need to have at the ready.  Boring but sometimes boring is good.  I will post later with links to the recipes that I'm using.  Best wishes to all of you and get those pantries cleaned out and Whole30 ready!

Yay, I am starting my first Whole30 on March 3rd as well!  I have been trying out some recipes this week to prepare for next - HIGHLY recommend Nom Nom's sweet potato hash w/fried eggs for breakfast, and theclothesmakethegirl's Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat - and have a tentative week 1 menu planned out!  I am a big time planner so each week I am going to make menus, market lists, and have a big cook-up on Sunday so I am set for the week!  Any favorite recipes that you guys are counting on?

I would love to join a Facebook group - it would be an easy, quick way for us all to share and be accountable!

the fb group thing sounds good. Ive totally fallen off the wagon, so much so that the thought of eating W30-like is almost anathema to me. just put right off. Maybe bc I was so sick at the end of the my first one in January, I don't know. I have to do a system reboot tho, MUST do it! I have ulcerative colitis and its SO hard to stay in good health. One thing Ive begun to change already is my sleeping habits. The other thing Im aware of (acutely) is my caffeine addiction. Being a serious fan of coffee from the age of 12 (!!) ...decaf doesn't do it for me, but it doesn't help with my colitis either. Its a slippery slope, that one is. Im looking forward to getting focused and to spring, setting and achieving new goals.

The area I did struggle with the most is, food wise, is breakfast and clean up. Im not a massive fan of eggs on their own, and frying up stuff, doing breakfast at all is just difficult for me, time wise. What it is, and this may sound silly is the greasiness, grease spattering everywhere, the clean up. My hair ends up greasy, I have to cook before I have a shower so I can wash my hair. Its just all the logistics of doing W30. I need to find ways of making it real, real easy this time around. Im looking forward to it tho.

YAY SUPPORT GROUP ALRIGHT ANYONE WHO IS UP FOR IT I WILL BE MAKING A GROUP ON FACEBOOK WHERE WE CAN DO CHECK INS, SHARE RECIPES, SHARE FEARS, GOOD DAYS, HARD DAYS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING I WILL POST NAME HERE ONCE ITS UP AND IF YOU WANT TO BE FACEBOOK BUDDIES POST YOUR NAME MINE IS DANIELLE BUENTING

Im so happy that so many of us are starting on the same day!

I would rather post here than Facebook (i don't spend much time on fb) so i will keep posting here.

Genifer, i have a great recipe for eggs that you don't have to make every morning. I scramble ten eggs and add whatever veg i have on hand (you could add precooked meat if you wanted to), pour it into a greased 8x8 pan and bake for about 25 minutes. I cut it into quarters and eat one each day on my way to work. I don't mind eating it cold but you could warm it up. Let me know what you think if you try it!

ok. I know we're not starting till Monday, but Im doing something like a reboot tomorrow. Im doing some bulk cooking, Im going to be juicing and eating better from tomorrow. It just so happens that work is slow this week and I get the morning off. I plan on making some chicken stock, frying up some stir fry veg, frying up some chicken to nibble on (loads of chicken), I might do some burgers as well. I wanna do them with lots of veggies added as well, kind of like meat and veggie balls or mini meatloaves.

Is there a good recipe out there that uses minced lamb (ground lamb for the americans). I wanna do some shopping to pick up some bits, like avocado and olives. Just stock up a bit.

What are you guys doing to prepare for the 3rd?

Archived