March 3

DanielleBuen

• Moderators

Hi gang, I started my second Whole30 on Saturday. So far enjoying the second time around so much more than the first. Way more relaxed about things though totally compliant.

The switch to a savory breakfast has a bit of a bite for me too--I had been eating oatmeal with cooked apples and raisins before Saturday. Today was curried chicken thighs and veg soup. The curry might have been a bit much, but it tasted good going down!

Good luck and happy trails, all!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Monday!  So I started on Saturday as well so far so good except I am already having dreams about eating carbs...yeap I am eating it in my dream....it is horrible. The funny thing is that I am not craving it when I am awake. 

This is my second attempt (ashamed to say it) doing this and the carb cravings only happened in the second week for me (don't know why)...and since I was baking fresh bread..well last say that I didn't last (told the kids this time I am not baking anything  :)   .  I also didn't have this support group the first time.  I think it helps knowing I am not "suffering" alone ;)

I had to stop drinking coffee this time around because I always had it with a piece of cake/bread. I am afraid if I drink it, it will only make it harder for me.

Had spaghetti squash, spinach, onions and grass fed meat for breakfast and herbal tea.  Not big on red meat but I used "Ras El Hanout", spice blend recipe from Well Fed, and now I can eat it.

Good Morning all I am day one here in Saint Louis.  Rough start I hate to say meal prep did not turn out but I am not giving in and just holding off so started out my day with eggs chopped veggies and applesauce from the food processor!  Lunch will be a simple salad and dinner is chipole mango swai and cod nom nom I am also grilling zuchini and squash!  Hows everyone else doing? 

Hi - I have been doing whole30s since September, usually one month whole30, one month 80% paleo.  My last whole30 in January went really well.  I'll tag along with all of you for March.  I also just started T25 workout program to get my bikini body.  I'll see you all here and on facebook.

I stopped coffee for my January whole30 and felt a lot better.  I started back up in Feb but don't like how spacey it makes me feel, so I will be off of coffee again in March.

My biggest weaknesses are making myself eat green veggies.  I eat a lot of meals that have the veggies mixed in - well fed's chocolate chili has a ton of veggies; and I have some great veggie soups that I eat for breakfast instead of drinking coffee.  I've also been terrible about keeping up my workout routine.  I am an emergency veterinarian and work a lot of overnight shifts with a very irregular schedule.  Whole30 keeps me on the straight and narrow so I don't let my stressful lifestyle affect my eating habits.

Hi Tracy,

Love the alternating plan whole 30 and then 80%paleo.  My main two meals have been paleo since last year (the first time I attempted the whole 30) I've been off dairy for 5 years and since I recently discovered I am sensitive to gluten (probably because I've abused the body for so long) I've been trying to reduce it...so I think the Whole30 will give me the boost I need to get rid of the bad habits.  Anyway...I plan on doing the whole 30 for longer just to really reset my body and then I am going to steal your idea :)

Our group keeps growing, that's wonderful! Sounds like everyone had an ok first day (or second, or third...). Mine wasn't ideal (traveling and not as prepared as I had hoped to be) but tomorrow I'm planning to be 100% compliant...and for the next 29 days after that. :) Keep posting, encouraging, and sharing recipes and other tips. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Hey everyone, I started today and I survived ;-). I was so worried in the beginning, tried to plan like crazy but I realized I was over planning it. So I reduced my planning to making a yummy breakfast casserole for the week, cooked one dish, made some cauliflower rice and have plenty of protein and veggies in my fridge. I don't know how you all felt, but I had a big headache in the afternoon (yes, I drank enough :-) and I'm so tired. I'm looking forward to day 2 and see how I'm going to feel tomorrow. Btw, never thought it would be so difficult finding sugar free bacon :-)

Also starting tomorrow, March 3. I have Hashimoto's and hoping Whole30 will help with symptoms.

Have you checked out The Clothes Make The Girl blog? She has issues with her thyroid, I don't think she has Hashimoto's but she may have some tips to help you. She also has some great recipes.

Hi gang, I started my second Whole30 on Saturday. So far enjoying the second time around so much more than the first. Way more relaxed about things though totally compliant.

The switch to a savory breakfast has a bit of a bite for me too--I had been eating oatmeal with cooked apples and raisins before Saturday. Today was curried chicken thighs and veg soup. The curry might have been a bit much, but it tasted good going down!

Good luck and happy trails, all!

You might want to try sweet potato hash and eggs for breakfast. I am addicted. Also I like soup in the morning, sometimes I poach the eggs right in the broth. Sometimes I add coconut milk for my fat. 

Holy Guacamole! I totally forgot about Fat Tuesday. Everyone is posting pics of their Paczkis - my sugar cravings are going through the roof - aargh! Anyone else struggling?

I'm not struggling with sugar cravings yet, but I was dreaming about bread last night!

Maybe just come up with a short mantra that reminds you of why you are doing this program...there will always be an event or occasion that revolves around food you have committed not to eat for this 30 days (and maybe beyond). My simple one is: "I can do this." It's sort of all-purpose phrase, but if you wanted to be more specific you could say: "That food is not healthy for my body" or something like that to quickly remind you why you don't really WANT the food, you just CRAVE it. Hope that helps! :)

Holy Guacamole! I totally forgot about Fat Tuesday. Everyone is posting pics of their Paczkis - my sugar cravings are going through the roof - aargh! Anyone else struggling?

I am struggling! Yesterday, 3rd day into the Whole 30) I had a really bad day at mid morning...got the shakes, white face, sweat, heart palpitations, etc..etc...I had a very small banana and cashews (approved by Whole 30 but not the best choice but since I was about to pass out, I am not kidding, I grabbed the banana).  I have not been eating a lot of fruit ,10 blueberries and 4 strawberries a day, because of my sugar dependency.  I roasted some sweet potatoes as well to have it ready in case this happens again.(I don't want to eat bananas)

Today I had no issues.  Made frittata for breakfast with lots of veggies, after my workout I ate soup made with butternut squash, sweet potatoes, ground pork, cauliflower, zucchini, chard and spinach...this also happened to be my lunch.  I feel good right now.

Night time is really hard because hubby and I got into a bad habit of snacking while watching TV (after the kids are in bed).  It is our downtime.  We always had either dark chocolate (Good chocolate only...I know I am trying to make it sound better), organic homemade cookies or homemade organic hearty bread with fig jam (still trying to make my junk food sound better) and trying even more... paleo approved desserts . :D   Now that we are doing the Whole30 nighttime has been tough..so we are drinking herbal tea and giving each dirty looks..so far it is working.

Hang in there...try chewing on mint leaves or drink mint tea.  I haven't tried it yet but I read somewhere it works so I am going to the market today to get some.

I am just super hungry I havent felt the desire for junk food yet but its only day two lol. My struggle is not getting overwhelmed with meal planning I see all these fancy ingredents on the recipes on the blogs I am following for this and Im like okay no panic attacks but at the same time I dont want to eat spinach and chicken the whole 30 days that will get old real fast :/

Danielle, I can totally understand feeling overwhelmed about all of this! Maybe you could decide on one or two of the complicated-ish recipes to make each week, and make enough so you will have leftovers. For the other meals just do simple stuff like baked chicken with a cooked veggie on the side and a lettuce salad topped with avocado. You could eat the leftovers for lunches or maybe re-work them so they are slightly different the second time you eat them (maybe add a veggie to it or add a different spice than the original contains).

Hey everyone, I made it through day 2 without major problems. I only struggle with eating dinner; I'm usually not that hungry and eating meat and veggie is a big meal for me. This is when I miss my sandwich. Late night snacking was always a big problem for me, some crackers or some chocolate at bedtime was always my reward. I miss this but haven't cheated so far. I do have headaches in the afternoon even if I drink enough. I thought that this would come later but I had It from day 1. Anybody else experiencing this?

Day three is here I am doing pretty good so far no snacking today and its almost lunch I finally tried my tea from Teavana they mentioned it works as appetite suppressant I now believe that and I am so happy for the caffeine.  Day one I only had one snack day two I had two today hopefully I won't need any.  Energy was non existent all day yesterday it was horrible today not so bad I have a bit of a headache not much else so yay.  I am going to look into two new recipes a week and otherwise tride and true works.     

Hi everyone! I started on Monday also. So far so good. A friend posted Sunday night and her salad looked so good I went to see what this Whole 30 was all about. Dove right in Monday. I have serious sugar issues first and foremost. I'm looking to kick that lifelong habit. If weight loss or other health improvements come along I'm all for it. I've had a headache since yesterday off and on and feel like I'm in a fog but nothing terrible or unexpected. I have certainly felt full and not deprived. I have asked to join the FB group and wish you all the best!

Welcome Jillangel! And good job everyone else for sticking with it through the first few days. I don't know if you all have read it, but there is a timeline on the whole30 website that tells you what to expect each day to be like, in terms of how you feel. I don't know how to post the link to it here, but I'm sure you can find it if you search the site.

Today was a challenge for me because I woke up late for work and left my lunch behind, but I managed to stay (mostly) compliant. Feeling pretty good except for the headache all day. Figuring its just part of the deal right now.

Is anyone else a vegetarian? What protein sources have you been relying on? I'm sure I will get tired of eating eggs soon, and dairy and beans are out, so any ideas would be helpful!

Ok, so a moderator took a look at my Whole 30 Log and told me that I really need to start over at Day 1...so here I am, starting again! I had eaten a few things that were not on the list (cheese, and *gasp* a diet coke!), so she suggested a restart. Re-read some of ISWF last night and I'm re-motivated, more prepared, and ready to go!

Hi Everyone! Day 6 today...I feel very tired and foggy.  Acid reflux is gone (fyi..I quit coffee too), digestive system has been functioning properly :) .  Also..I didn't want to post this but here it goes.....I had NO..NADA.. cycle cramps. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

For breakfast today I had boneless chicken thighs with kale and bok choy.  I tried the chocolate chili (from Well Fed) last night and it was amazing! I served it over cauliflower rice with brussels sprouts. Kids loved it!

I am going to attempt a spinning class today...Not sure if I will make it through it since all I want to do is sleep :unsure:

I am proud of you Jenski! This is tough!

Archived