Toxins in stored fat...losing weight to quickly...

I am on day 18 of my first whole 30, and I feel mostly great.  However, in the last few days I have experienced pain and swollen lymph nodes under my arms.  

I have not weighed myself at all but I know I have lost weight by the way my clothes fit and by looking in the mirror.  

My question is this:  If a person is losing weight too quickly and all of the weight that you are losing is stored fat, doesn't that stored fat release toxins as it is burned?  And, is it possible that your liver and filtering organs can't eliminate those toxins quickly enough if they are overloaded due to the amount of toxins they are trying to filter?

I could be completely confused by this, so I was hoping someone could help me out and clarify.

*In case it's relevant: I was 161 lbs when I started the whole 30, which is about 20-25 lbs away from ideal weight for someone my height (although, I am not concerned with the number on the scale.) Also, I was eating a SAD before the whole 30, but with mostly homemade foods, not a lot of processed stuff, but I was still eating sugar, and gluten, grains and dairy.

• Moderators

I doubt that your pain and swollen lymph nodes have anything to do with toxins from melting fat stores. Seriously, the chance of your body systems being overwhelmed by toxins from your losing weight too fast is not a realistic worry. Sometimes our bodies do things we can't explain. 

I am sure there are more than a few people who might disagree with me, but I've been active in the fat-loss world steadily for 4 years. I don't find most conversations I've heard about toxins credible. 

I have not heard anything about toxins being released from fat.  What I did experience as I lost a significant amount of weight were the release of HORMONES.  On the months that I lost more than usual I was an emotional wreck- my poor husband!  It is starting to settle down now that I am getting closer to my goal. 

This may seem like a long shot but I'm going to mention it because I noticed I had similar issues.

If you are using coconut milk - what brands are you using?  I noticed that I had side effects to certain brands.  Initially I thought it was all coconut milk products that I had issues with.  But then after someone mentioned here on the forums that certain brands have BPA in the liners of the can (even some organic ones) and it is possible that some may have problems with it.  The only brand that doesn't cause swelling under my arms is the Aroy-d brand. So anytime I see the brand I generally stock up on it just to be sure I have it around.

Thank you for the replies.

Carlaccini - I am rarely having coconut milk unless it is in a recipe (maybe once a week).  When I do have it is it Native Forest Organic brand.  I think it's more likely that it might be hormones.  It doesn't coincide with my menstrual cycle though.  Also, it is only one side.  I am going to my Gyn today to be safe, because even after breastfeeding 2 kids, this is a strange pain I have never felt before.

Archived