Anne's whole 30

Mom2A&M

Since I'm in the depths of potty training my little girl I didn't want to type "Anne's whole 30 LOG"....hehehehehe

Anyway, wanting to keep better track of my foods this time around so this is my first "log"

M1 7:30am

ground turkey sausage (homemade)

Carrot soup (with coconut cream for fat)

Black coffee

M2 12:30pm

Ground pork/apple slider

Scoop of baked sw.potato drizzled with olive oil and salt

Small handful macadamia nuts

M3 timing depends on my work schedule tonight

Grilled chicken breast tenders

Stir fry veggies (broccoli, water chestnuts, carrots and snap peas)

Homemade mayo for dipping

After so many failed attempts, I am hoping logging here will keep me accountable. I am open to criticism and/or encouragement and/or advise if needed.

Day 2 M1 7:00

3 Eggs blended with two large handfuls of spinach and scrambled in coconut oil

Unsweetened applesauce

Workout 9:30

Post w/o 11:00 large scoop sweet potatoes, 2 chicken breast tenders

M2 12:00

Pork/apple slider

Stir fry veggies and mayo

M3 6:00ish

Hamburger with mashed cauliflour

Day 3

M1-7:00ish

turkey sausage and carrot soup

Black coffee

M2-1:30ish

pork/apple slider

Salad with mayo and vinegar

Mashed cauliflour

PreW/O 5:30ish

2 prosciutto wrapped egg muffins

PostW/O 7:30ish

2chicken tenders and sweet potatoes

M3-8:30ish

Hamburger with mayo

Mashed cauliflour

Sliced cucumbers

Feeling good but having slight headaches. Minimal cravings so far. Was feeling more fatigued working out today too.

Day 4

M1-7:00

Turkey sausage and sweet potato

M2-1:00

1.5 burgers and cauli mash

M3-8:00

Salad with mayo dressing

2egg muffins with veggies

2chciken tenders

I'm needing to cook more food today or tomorrow, almost al my leftovers are gone. Busy weekend as last night and tonight I have a seminar from 6-9pm. Monday morning might look like hotdogs for M1.....unless I can get some things cooked before work today. We had another large snowfall last night, it's getting OLD! I'm done with winter and so tired of being trapped inside. I want to grill out already, lol! Okay onto day 5 for me today.

Yesterday was day 5, the craving stated and this morning are strong. I have to cook today , so I will be distracted with that hopefully.

Day 5

M1-3green eggs with mushrooms and onion

1/2 avocado

M2-12:00

Pork/apple slider

1chcken tender

Salad with mayo dressing

M3-7:00

Chipotle carnitas salad with veggies, salsa and guacamole

Today I am planning

M1- green eggs hash

M2- tuna and salad

M3- pork tenderloin and cauliflour

Your meals look good to me. Are all those protein servings at least a palm size? I know this is not your first round, how were you eating before you started this round? Completely off the wagon? 80/20? The farther off you were the more you will feel the normal symptoms again like harder workouts for a couple of weeks and headaches for a couple of days. What are you doing for your workouts? I would try to get a starchy vegetable at least once a day especially if your energy feels low.

Yes, each burger or slider was about 3-4oz (not weighing but 1lb=3-4burgers). I started crossfit a few weeks ago and I try to get 3dsys/week plus a 4th of interval cardio, so I've been diligent about post w/o meals. I had some pad Thai today and it was wonderful! Made me feel better AND I did get 90% of my cooking done! I think the morning panic threw me off. Thanks for checking thing out, I will add a scoop of sweet potatoes to each M3 too.

Day 7

M1- 7:00

4 egg muffins

9:30 w/0

10:30 post w/o meal

3 chick tender and sweet potatoes

3pork tenderloin medallions

Roasted cauli

Mayo

2HB eggs, can of tuna and mayo

Roasted parsnips

Yesterday, day 10

M1 - ground beef

Spaghetti squash

Coconut milk/sun utter combo

Black coffee

M2-tuna stuffed deviled eggs

L/O roasted cauliflour

Prew/o- few slices of steak

Post w/o - chicken and sw potatoes

M3-steak and green beans and banana

Today, day 11

M1- L/O steak and two fried eggs (YUMM!)

Sweet potatoes

M2

3hotdogs and green beans

Apple with almond butter and coconut flakes-this felt snacky/desserish so I'm not going to have it again.

M3- I have planned for carnitas from Well Fed and coleslaw.

Feeling pretty good so far. There is temptation all around me and I feel a sense of control about it this time around. Limiting fruit seems to help quiet the craving sooner (I think). I'm loving crossfit, this is my fourth week and I can see some progress with my strength. It a long road ahead but I'm ready to tackle it. I've hit the diarrhea stage the past few days, but it's more mild than past W30's thankfully. I would like to go beyond 30 days but so far I just want to get thru today and tomorrow and so on.

Day 12

M1-8:00am

3 turkey/sweet potato meatballs

Fiesta veggie soup

Black coffee

M2-1:00, Bonefish Grill Restaurant

2dry grilled tilapia fillets

Salad with olive oil and lemon juice

Strawberries with coconut cream

Spaghetti squash pizza bake (squash, ground pork, mushrooms, pizza sauce, seasoning)

1/2 bananas

I was excited to eat out today and feel very confident it was compliant. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating to my requests. I don't normally eat fish other than canned tuna so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was soooo yummy! I can't believe how much I like it after years of thinking I don't like fish. Maybe I need to learn to cook fish now! Well, maybe after the snow melts and I can grill again.

I was excited to eat out today and feel very confident it was compliant. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating to my requests. I don't normally eat fish other than canned tuna so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was soooo yummy! I can't believe how much I like it after years of thinking I don't like fish. Maybe I need to learn to cook fish now! Well, maybe after the snow melts and I can grill again.

Enjoying fish more is something I've found on my journey as well. I still mostly eat canned tuna and salmon at home because of cost and fresh fish not reheating well but I do enjoy having seafood at restaurants now. I have learned I like scallops and shrimp too and occasionally will splurge on those as they do reheat alright and I have found some really good recipes in my books and on the interwebs. 

Day 13 (yesterday)

M1-7:30

Fiesta veggie/chicken soup

2fried eggs

Black coffee

Spaghetti squash pizza bake

Apple/almond butter

M3-5:30

Leftover pork carnitas

Coleslaw

I have been sleeping poorly the last few night. Last nighti think it was due to the cabbage, my stomach was aching. I think I'm done with coleslaw even though its so yummy. The time change over the weekend has been a factor as well. Plus, my kids have been sleeping poorly too so I'm up 2-3x in the night. I know I will adjust soon but today I'm feeling so tired. I'm going to try to fit a short nap in, if I can. Half way through today.....lets go day 14, momma needs some tiger blood!

To day I am suffering from PPS. Poor planning syndrome. It's only Wednesday and I'm out of prepared food, idk how this happened! Well, one reason is that I have made some great dinners that my husband and kids have actually eaten!! It's great, but then there are no leftovers. Last nights cottage pie/shepards pie was a hit...even my uber picked son ate a whole serving spoonful, that's a huge deal! So any way...

M1-8:00 zucchini/egg fritters

Unsweetened applesauce

Black coffee

L/O cottage pie (a tiny amount left)

L/O pizza bake (a tiny amount left)

2 meatballs stolen from tonight's packed dinner- thankfully I had a half batch frozen of these!

M3- timing depends on work schedule

Planning for meatballs, 1/4avocado and cucumbers/salad greens.

I have 4 fritters left for M1 tomorrow, and I whipped up some very basic broccoli soup today from a frozen bag of broccoli, onion, store bought broth , S&P....but it needs coconut milk that I will pick up tonight after work. So that should get me thru to dinner tomorrow.

This is why I try to squirrel away emergency food in my freezer. As much as I would love my husband to eat the food I eat I'm almost afraid of offering it to him and then not having any for me! I declare your problem a good one to have. Make the most of your scrounging and try and whip up something easy and quick tonight.

Day 16

M1-7:45

4 egg/zucchini fritters

Black coffee

Post W/O-10:45

Turkey/sweet potato meatballs

M2-12:30

3 Applegate hotdogs

2 bowls of uninspired broccoli soup topped with ghee

M3-planning for chipotle tonight!

Ugh! My digestion is awful tonight! Urgent bathrooms needs, intestinal cramping and fatigue. Chipotle....you failed me :(

Or maybe it was my lunch, broccoli has never been my friend but I thought if it was well cooked and puréed I would be fine. This is the first time I've felt like "my old self" and I don't like it one bit! Lol!

Ugh! My digestion is awful tonight! Urgent bathrooms needs, intestinal cramping and fatigue. Chipotle....you failed me :(

Or maybe it was my lunch, broccoli has never been my friend but I thought if it was well cooked and puréed I would be fine. This is the first time I've felt like "my old self" and I don't like it one bit! Lol!

What did you have at Chipotle?

Carnitas salad, fajita veggies, mild salsa, guacamole and grapes at home. I was also thinking it could have been the grapes.....haven't had much fruit but had quite a few last night with dinner. It's better this morning thankfully.

Carnitas salad, fajita veggies, mild salsa, guacamole and grapes at home. I was also thinking it could have been the grapes.....haven't had much fruit but had quite a few last night with dinner. It's better this morning thankfully.

According to this https://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/ingredients_statement/ingredients_statement.aspx, the fajita vegetables are cooked in rice bran oil. Perhaps that could have caused you problems?

Sadly, rice bran oil is not Whole30 compliant.

However, accidentally ingesting rice bran oil does not require a restart: just don't have the Chipotle fajita veggies again for the rest of your Whole30.

Day 17

3fried eggs

Spinach

Blueberries/coconut milk

M2-1:30.....I need to cook, random lunch

Turkey fried in coconut oil

Grapes

1/2 larabar

Prew/o 5:30

Grassfed beef jerky

Postw/o- planning for turkey/sweet potato meatballs

M3-8:00 ish, planning for

Grilled chicken breast

Roasted sweet potatoes

M3-ended up being lettuce wraps with chicken avocado drizzled with sesame oil. Petite roasted sweet potato.

Day 20 today!

Turkey sausage

Sweet potato and carrot soup

2c black coffee(my kids slept horrible last night!)

M2-1:30

Burger

Fried sw potato

Gr turkey meatball

M3-timing depends on work schedule

L/O chicken thighs

Salad

EVOO dressing

The last few days I've been bummed out. Really urgent bathroom needs and uncomfortable after eating. Food looking and smelling unappetizing, lower appetitie, etc. It's the reason I have done whole 30's to begin with. Had a few days of feeling "hopeless" and wanting to throw in the towel. I think it's more my history of anxiety/depression sneaking in and lack of sleep with my kids not sleeping well=me not sleeping well. Also have had unusual pains in my back, shoulder and feet. I attribute this to taking a year off at the gym and then deciding crossfit was a good idea :). I still love the crossfit though, loving the challenge it provides me. Feeling a little more normal today. I am dedicating myself to extend to at least 45 days though. If I don't commit here in the open, I won't do it. So, I guess I'm almost halfway!

Day 20 today!

Turkey sausage

Sweet potato and carrot soup

2c black coffee(my kids slept horrible last night!)

M2-1:30

Burger

Fried sw potato

Gr turkey meatball

M3-timing depends on work schedule

L/O chicken thighs

Salad

EVOO dressing

The last few days I've been bummed out. Really urgent bathroom needs and uncomfortable after eating. Food looking and smelling unappetizing, lower appetitie, etc. It's the reason I have done whole 30's to begin with. Had a few days of feeling "hopeless" and wanting to throw in the towel. I think it's more my history of anxiety/depression sneaking in and lack of sleep with my kids not sleeping well=me not sleeping well. Also have had unusual pains in my back, shoulder and feet. I attribute this to taking a year off at the gym and then deciding crossfit was a good idea :). I still love the crossfit though, loving the challenge it provides me. Feeling a little more normal today. I am dedicating myself to extend to at least 45 days though. If I don't commit here in the open, I won't do it. So, I guess I'm almost halfway!

I know you feel awful but I am sure it will get better. Hang in there you can do it! Maybe you can pamper yourself today. Take a nap, a walk, a bath, read a book or do what every makes you feel taken care of. You deserve it.

Archived