Hello,

So I am on Day 13 of my W30, and have seen some extremely positive changes in the blood sugar (I am a type I diabetic).

However, starting a few days ago, I seem to be having a reaction to eggs and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

I spoke with my sister, who is a nurse (but a L&D nurse), and she didn't think I had developed an allergy/sensitivity at age 31, but she did think the symptoms (upset stomach, some itchiness, cramps) were probably more attributed to my major upswing in egg intake. I mean in the past few days, I have had multiple egg items--and that is the only thing between all the meals that is the same.

I plan on laying off the eggs for a few days, them maybe trying one and seeing how it goes--I will also be throwing out the eggs I currently have in case those were bad.

Thanks for any thoughts--I'm hoping this is just a part of the healing process and me and eggs will be besties again soon! :)

Before I did my W30, I was having 2 eggs each morning. I had been grain free for awhile and had been eating eggs most of my life with no issues. One of the reasons I wanted to do W30 was because I had some chronic tendonitis issues and Dallas mentioned in the book that his got better on W30. I did the AIP W30, which excludes eggs, nuts and seeds, ghee, nightshades. In 5 days the searing pain I had in my elbow each day was gone. I was in the shower and instinctively winced when I raised my arm, because that is when I would feel it, and it wasn't there! I was amazed. After the 30 days, I did reintroduce eggs and the pain came back. So, no more eggs for me! I have foods that include eggs, but I will not eat eggs, certainlly not regularly. Egg whites particularly can cause reactions.

Also, for those who are grain sensitive, they often feed the chickens grains. Organic and biodynamic ones agree with me better. I avoid the non-free range ones, they often make me feel sick.

Some people also get sick just from the whites (more common) or just the yolks. Worth a try at some stage if you're willing to experiment. Yolks are full of goodness :)

Archived