March 10 Start - Whole 60!

mamaellen

Hello all! 

Mamaellen here, back again! This will be my 3rd Whole 30 and I'm going to go for 60 days this time. I have been paleo since October 2012 but without the regiment of Whole30, I enjoy tooo much sugar! Hoping the extra month will help me vanquish its hold on me once and for all! 

Who's with me? You don't have to do 60 days, just join me for the first 30! 

Here's a URL of the meals I made while on my first Whole30:

http://paleoellen.blogspot.com/

Super stoked to have Michelle Tam's NomNomPaleo book by my side for this go around! (Seeing her live next Thursday! Stoked!) 

Live Fit and Be Well! 

Hi mamaellen!

I am on day 30 today!  I did it!  I'm so happy and want to keep on this path.  I do however want to honor meeting my whole30 goal by taking tomorrow off to have a regular day, nothing crazy.  After tomorrow, I have decided to do a whole40 next, then a whole50, and then a whole60!  I'm going to have one day off at the end of each stretch.  And no, I don't intend to do a whole365 or a wholelife.  Following the wholerules for longer will help me in my long-term goal, which is to eat paleo and enjoy a fitter me.

So I'm with you!  You'll be on day 1 Monday & I will be on my second day 2. I'll go 40, you'll go 60!   :D Wooo!    

Monday is my start day, too. First time for me. Good luck to you!

Welcome! It'll be awesome! This site has so many great tips and I'm here if you need any extra help or motivation! My #1 advice would be to batch prep a boatload of veggies and a few proteins over the weekend so you are ready Monday morning. I usuallly prep a huge egg bake with veggies for an easy breakfast, a whole chicken, a slow cooker pot roast, a dozen hard boiled eggs, and tons of roasted and steamed veggies. Then it's easy! 

HAVE FUN! Don't forget your before and after pics!

I'm starting my first Whole30 on Monday while my partner is in China for three weeks.

He has agreed to give it a go when he gets back so this might end up being a Whole60 :)

Would love the advice and support of someone who knows what they're doing!!

Will check out your blog before hitting the markets tomorrow.

Welcome! It'll be awesome! This site has so many great tips and I'm here if you need any extra help or motivation! My #1 advice would be to batch prep a boatload of veggies and a few proteins over the weekend so you are ready Monday morning. I usuallly prep a huge egg bake with veggies for an easy breakfast, a whole chicken, a slow cooker pot roast, a dozen hard boiled eggs, and tons of roasted and steamed veggies. Then it's easy! 

Hi, Do you have a recipe for the egg bake? Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! It worked pretty well except for fish being my main protein. I'm only comfortable with making enough for two days so there has bee a lot of cooking. The egg bake is the same thing as a frittata, right? LOVE it! I put veggies in there and top it with avocado and salsa. Good luck to you as well!

Archived