I'm having a rough patch. On day 12, but it started late last night after work…I've been feeling GREAT up until now and the past two days, I have been craving foods like no other. No energy. And my skin has gotten worse. I may not be eating enough because of my physical demands at work, but I'm really trying not to snack (as that was a bad habit of mine before I started the program).

Late last night, I couldn't help myself and reached for the jar of peanut butter with a frozen banana (did the same this morning because I secretly enjoyed it so much last night). And today, I ordered zucchini fries as that was the only thing on the menu I could get (at a pub before a show)…they showed up as fried zucchini (breaded and all). I didn't eat them all, but I had about half. Been feeling guilty about it. Hard to get myself on the right track.

I've been so tempted to give it up as I'm not even halfway through!

I think beating yourself up about it isnt going to help  - whether you start over again or just get back on the Challenge is up to you but it seems to me that learning how to recover from either bad choices and life stress is a big part of the process.

I havent really been craving any of the things I used to binge on, though yesterday I found myself wandering through the bakery section of my local market and feeling like I wanted something - thought about what I wanted and it was to indulge myself, feel like I was having a treat.

So i bought some bath salts and a luscious body butter and had a bath when I got home :)

I think you owe it to yourself to keep going, or even restart - you aren't going to see the benefits of the challenge without giving it a crack.

You can do it!!

I'm having a rough patch. On day 12, but it started late last night after work…I've been feeling GREAT up until now and the past two days, I have been craving foods like no other. No energy. And my skin has gotten worse. I may not be eating enough because of my physical demands at work, but I'm really trying not to snack (as that was a bad habit of mine before I started the program).

Late last night, I couldn't help myself and reached for the jar of peanut butter with a frozen banana (did the same this morning because I secretly enjoyed it so much last night). And today, I ordered zucchini fries as that was the only thing on the menu I could get (at a pub before a show)…they showed up as fried zucchini (breaded and all). I didn't eat them all, but I had about half. Been feeling guilty about it. Hard to get myself on the right track.

I've been so tempted to give it up as I'm not even halfway through!

I am so sorry this happened. We have all had these moments. When I am on a whole30 I make sure I have compliant stuff in case I need a fix. If you had eaten sunflower seed or almond butter and a frozen banana it would have been better than peanut butter. Unfortunately that and the gluten on the zucchini may require a restart. If you decide to keep going try eating 4 meals a day instead of 3. Make sure you are following the meal template the best that you can for all 4 meals. Also check out the timeline. Most people eat non compliant things between day 10 - 12 or want to quit. You can do it! http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf.   http://whole30.com/2014/01/do-you-really-want-to-quit/.   

Archived