Indigestion??

I wasn't sure where to put this.

Is indigestion a common issue for people on the Whole30?  I'm not sure If this is related to this or not?  I've been having it for a good week or so now...maybe longer...  and it's especially severe before dinner time.  Anyone else ever experience something similar??  Oh...I'm on day 15 if that matters...

Some foods are known to cause indigestion.  Or it may low stomach acid - in which you might benfit from taking a HCL supplement.

To be honest I'm not 100% on this one.  It doesn't hurt to list out meals that you have been eating for a couple of days though.

Everything is whole30Compliant....

Over the last week breakfast is usually eggs with some sort of meat - ham, sausage or bacon.... and a vegetable.  Sweet potatoes or kale.

Lunch is leftovers.

Supper has chicken with vegetables, thai shrimp soup and salad, venison loin, zuchinni noodles and other veggies,  salmon w/baked sweet potato and asparagus, seafood chowder.....    so you can see it's a variety.  It's not like theirs a lot of 2-3 things that would be an obvious culprit at all.

I am having the exact opposite experience on Whole 30.  Up until the day before I started, I was eating antacids like candy...probably 8-10 a day.  On day 1, it all stopped.

So even though I don't have problems, can you tell us: If you ate exactly like you described above, after which meals would you get heartburn?

It's never after a meal.  It's actually usually BEFORE.  Weird, I know.  Sometimes a light case before breakfast and often it starts about a half hour or so before supper.  Only once was it bad enough that I couldn't get myself to even eat... most times it's just incredibly annoying.

Archived